• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Dont see a lot about the true french car - Citroen

Started by ddob, October 29, 2008, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddob

Hi Guy's & Girls,
Am the proud owner of two of the best french cars ever made:-
Car 1 - Red 1990 Citroen BX19Tri - my daily drive but may be sold to a mate who swapped his VW Golf for cash to buy this of me.
Car 2 - Red 1987 Citroen BX19GTi - 8 valve - she is a bit sick at the moment but I'll be working on restoring her to her former greatness and glory over the summer months.
Danny

red16v

Welcome-i got a black/red '90 16v, one of the last series 1 models.needs a bit of love.
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

CaM

Definitely the true french car is ol' citroen. So quirky.

BX's are a great car too. There's nothing a BX lacks. So rewarding to drive yet so economical to own. The perfect all round car!
SO mUch so that I'm thinking of getting another one  :-*

There's a couple of other members here with BX's. There's a few Citroen owners here too. Check out the Citroen projects section for a very very small selection lol.

WHere in the country are you from?
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Carpentry

Welcome!

I just recently bought a BX TZD (still in ChCh so I haven't even laid eyes on it) and heard only good things about them 8) Can't wait to float around the place on a cloud of LHM and diesel fumes

How did you hear about the site?
Take it to Bishops

ddob

Hi Again People,
Am resident in the thriving metropolis of Wanganui and have been since shifting from Auckland in 2001.
The Red Bx19tri will be going to it's new owner on the weekend officially - but have let him loan the car for a couple of days while he sort's out some costings for work he wants to do.

Heard about the site from a guy on trademe who is selling a peugeot motor that would love to buy and make the GTi into a 16v but the guy wants to many dollars for it $3300-00 (buynow).

Back to the drawing board - will be spending some time on the weekend on the GTi - it's got a bad miss right across the rev range so am putting in new plugs , plug leads , Rotor, and Dizzy cap - if its still missing - will replace the coil. If problem still persist its of to the all noing and knowledge mechanic to see if he can fix up the problem.

Danny

monnymc

try finding a 405 mi16 and stealing the engine from it, much cheaper option  :)