• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Started by pugMi, November 02, 2008, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pugMi

Recently bought my first peugeot....a 1990 405mi16 in white. Was a bit of a tea bag to start with. Had been sitting in a shed for 15 months apparently. Speedo drive broke on the drive home. Not a good start. All fixed now. Had to do waterpump, thermostat housing, various water hoses, gear selector bush thingy, strut top bearings and the brakes needed some attention too as they were seized. Does anybody elses speedo wobble like crazy. And the fuel guage moves around a lot too under accleration causing the warning light to flash on and off. Someone told me they all do that. Not sure I believed them. Anyway its a great drive now its sorted. As usual though could do with a bit more power

BigPete

Good to hear of another Mi16 staying in a 4-door bodyshell. Whereabouts are you based?

Speedo wobble is pretty standard - haven't heard of fuel gauges behaving quite like that normally though.

pug405boy

Sweet, another 405 type person! Yep, speedos do that, normally at about 60kph... and my fuel gage jumps fowards and back too depending on how fast im going round corners  ;D
Citroen BX19 TRS, Peugeot 405 GT-STi, Valiant Ranger, '69 Volvo 145 Estate

Carpentry

G'day bud

Wouldn't worry about the gauges, they're Peugeot ones so they lie anyway :D
Take it to Bishops

pugMi

I'm in Palm de Ville in the mighty Manawatu. Lotsa good roads down this way. Hope pug guages don't lie oterwise I won't know how fast I'm goin ;) My car's missing it's cold air intake hose. Sounds kinda cool without it but I reckon it might go better with. Any feedback appreciated.