• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

106 clubsport

Started by mattt, November 06, 2008, 04:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinout

mattt and dynofiend many thanks for that a lot of good info there. With specific regards to the body shell, is the one on the Rallye/Clubsport factory strengthened ?

dynofiend

Nope, its one of those myths that floats around that it had strenghtening as standard. In fact the shell is absolutely identical to every single 106 on the road with the very minor exception of having holes on the rear arches to stick the arch extensions in. What the Rallye shell does have in terms of strengthening/stiffening, are two small bars which connect the upper part of the front chassis legs, to the firewall. But then XSi's also have these, and so do GTis, and they are removable and can be fitted to all 106s if you are so inclined :)
Do you think that $400 is a reasonable price to be forced to pay for Euro style plates? If not, see this link and sign the petition! http://www.fastfrogs.co.nz/index.php/topic,2188.0.html

mattt

I had been told they were also-something to do with the roll cage, but I'd defer to dynofiend's knowledge on these.  I'm not sure if the clubsports had anything specific done in addition to the standard rallye-Don would know-he's played with enough of the clubsports, standard rallyes & XSis to know.  Otherwise, if you are in AK-ask Greg Kent.  He's the best guy to get all the pug's of the 205/106/306 era serviced/repaired with if you can't do it yourself and he was involved with the Bill Tapper race car when it was in the Cup.
Peugeot 106 rallye clubsport (gone to a good home)
Mk5 VW Golf R32

dynofiend

Nope, I can assure you nothing added for fitting a roll cage, not at the factory anyway.

The real problem with that theory, would be the plethora of different roll cages and their various fitments, making any 'universal' roll cage fitment mounts a bit pointless  :-\
Do you think that $400 is a reasonable price to be forced to pay for Euro style plates? If not, see this link and sign the petition! http://www.fastfrogs.co.nz/index.php/topic,2188.0.html