• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

New pommy member

Started by Freddie, December 30, 2008, 10:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freddie

Thought I'd introduce myself seeing as even since owning a Jap Prelude and a big 6 yank tank since being i N.Z, my love for French motors still coarses through my veins! Here is my last Frog motor from home, my 1.6 8v Saxo..

What she looked like when I bought her in 2005..

She stayed almost standard for around a year, and then at the French Car Show I decided that I wanted to change a few bits..

Here is how she looked when I sold her..

You can see for yourself most of the exterior mods.. The wheels have been refurbed and sprayed a colour which is between gloss black and a graphite colour.. I think this works well becuase in dark conditions it looks black, but they shine amazingly in the light.

In these pics you can also see my new 266mm brakes which JUST squeeze under those tiny rims!

She has also been lowered on 30mm Eibach springs just to keep the ride firm.. Have no solid plans to buy another car right now, but would love a 106XSi, AX GTi or 205 GTi etc..

You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house

CaM

welcome!
I've grown to really, reallly love saxos in ecent weeks. they're so cool!!!! shame we didn't get alot of decent ones out here :(

welcome to the site! I'm sure very soon you'll fall prey to a sweet pug or cit again  8)
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Zealot

Nice! And welcome! What's your yank tank, if you don't mind me asking/

dynofiend

Welcome from another ex pat ;) (yes another one, but at least we work and pay taxes ;) ). Your old car looks well. Cant go wrong with the dark grey wheels really, there isnt a colour they dont suit :)

Not so much over in NZ in the way of French hatchery, but keep looking and youll find something eventually ;)
Do you think that $400 is a reasonable price to be forced to pay for Euro style plates? If not, see this link and sign the petition! http://www.fastfrogs.co.nz/index.php/topic,2188.0.html

2052NV

frign mean car. welcome to our awsome web site!

i have only seen one other saxo in nz its a rite shame  :'(

red16v

Naaaah me old man sold a fair few, me mam still drives a 1.6 auto now!But there were feck all VTRs or VTSs imported, but there was one on trademe for a bit, may still be there. Nice enough,but a bit lacking in looks but the hot ones made up for it in the handling dept.
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

2052NV

yea the only other one ive seen is the white one on tm...

BigPete

There was one in Dunedin or something with lapsed reg on Turners damaged a year or so ago. :(

shitroen

Was doin my apprenticeship in wellington with citroen back when these were new, sold a lot of four doors but only knew of two vts's sold
one in the same colour as above.  Serious fast frog used to love thrashing the guts out of it up Mt Victoria ;D
Felt a lot better quality than the earlier 106's thats for sure...

One customer was a little person ( bout three foot or less ) and had one converted for her had to drive it using my hands on the pedals  had to do an emergency stop once and smashed my chin open on the steering wheel :-[

Someone else, a groomer I think drove it into a restaurant when he mistook the accelerator for brake :D :D :D

Freddie

Thanks for all the comments, it's good to know these little hatches can be appreciated over here as I've only seen one in the flesh in the past year! I'm really missing the Sax and am a frequenter of two Saxo forums based in the UK..

Quote from: Zealot on December 30, 2008, 11:04:02 PM
Nice! And welcome! What's your yank tank, if you don't mind me asking/

I recently aquired a 96 V6 Falcon, it's a 4.0 GLi - bit of a bus compared to what I'm used to. It's quite grunty but not so much on the twisties!

BigPete

Falcons, henceforth known as 'coons' are Aussie tanks and they've never made a V6, but we will forgive you for not wasting time learning trivial details like that. Import a Saxo from the UK before it's too late if it isn't already.

andyball1

Quote from: DRTDVL on December 30, 2008, 11:16:40 PM
i can;t drive the saxo's... test drove one and its steering wheel got jammed on my thighs with the seat all the way back...

Silly non-adjusting steering wheel height

i cant push the clutch in :( damn big feet
the french car the expensive girlfriend for the single male

BigPete

^Weirdos. I can probably drive Saxos just fine like most normal people. :P

Freddie

Quote from: V8Pete on January 02, 2009, 07:08:04 PM
Falcons, henceforth known as 'coons' are Aussie tanks and they've never made a V6, but we will forgive you for not wasting time learning trivial details like that. Import a Saxo from the UK before it's too late if it isn't already.

Fords are American as far as I'm concerned, but yes I see what you mean, big Aussie outback cruisers.. I thought it was a 6, but I may be mistaken? Or do you mean it's a straight 6?! Anything with more than 4 cylinders is beyond me TBH.

I don't think I'd bother importing one as it'd be impossible to fix anything, but a nice idea, they are very cheap in the UK currently.

CaM

they're straight six usually, sometimes v8.

I've found today that my 106 pedals are ridiculously close together, even in bare feet

probably jsut my ultra wide nz spec feet though?
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16