• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Started by cammmy, January 12, 2009, 02:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigPete

Haha, that's awesome. Just needs more caravan towage.

Goat

Choice. MK1's rule my face. Thats seriously cool. Looks really tidy too. I LOVE the MK1 dashes.
Cool about the grumpy motor too.
I'm converting mine to the notorious Lucas Mechanical Injection just for lols. (and an extra 60hp) :D

pug405boy

Ha, its really good at towing the caravan  ;)
Citroen BX19 TRS, Peugeot 405 GT-STi, Valiant Ranger, '69 Volvo 145 Estate

pug405boy

Yeah, Adrian wanted a P.I, but was warned off it by the Triumph garage... So he setted for a modified carby one. Mega torquey

pug405boy

Sorry, its a photo of a photo (it was a real photo and I dont have a scanner) but yeah, this is it a few months ago

BigPete

Bring it to Hawkes Bay camp!

pug405boy

Yeah, sorry guys, kinda hijaked that one... But yeah, maybe Hastings, althought Kerrian and Greg fixed my 405 today, so might take that now

BigPete

cammmy

Triumphs are wicked and mine definately is not as nice as your guys (although I got a REALLY good deal on it) although so far it has been FAR more reliable than my pug (only needed a wheel bearing adjusting for the WOF). The problem is at 18 I'm not really in the position to be running a French AND British car (whilst saving for a house). Thus I have decided that it may be best to pass the trumper on and put the cash into a badly needed paintjob for the pug.

So if you know anyone looking for a twin Stomberg monster in reasonably good nick, let me know
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

CaM

oh twin strommys, so she's an earlier mk2 one with the chrome rimmed gauges and shiz? tuff.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

cammmy

Yeah twin strom SU's (Spitfire plane used Stromberg SU's too but not sure if they are the same). Yeah think they are chrome trim but not sure of the top of my head. She's a '74
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

CaM

oh they cam eout with vacuum dashpot carbs in both variants but some had stromberg ones and some S.U
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

cammmy

I thought they were Stromberg Brand and SU was the model?
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S

Don Simon

Quote from: Flange on January 12, 2009, 09:58:39 PM
Hey champ. I'm from welly too. I like citroens (close enough to peugeots) haha. I also have a TC. Don't sell it. TCs are tough. Be choice for a welly meet sometime. Get to know some nearby french car "enthusiasts" :P
Should have a trump meet even. Before you get your pug back on the road.

My non french baby:

thats a very clever car!!
91 Peugeot 205 GTI MI-16
11 Ds3 Dsport HDI (Becky's)
97 Peugeot 306 Dturbo
1995 Citroen AX GT

Don Simon

Quote from: cammmy on January 12, 2009, 02:05:57 PM
Hey Guys

Just joined. I'm 18 and my first car is a 91' Mi16x4 which I'm sad to say was in a horrible state when I got it. It's getting better with alot of TLC but there is still alot to do.

Love euro cars, especially the 4bie's. Can't stand most of the boy racer crap littering our streets.

My pug is currently off the road as my 1 year old nephew lost my keys. Sorting the best option to get it up and running again now.

Anyone in Wellington who is a fan of pugs I'm happy to meet (once I can drive it again :-))

Look forward to chatting with you all

Cheers
Cam

Welcome dude 8)
91 Peugeot 205 GTI MI-16
11 Ds3 Dsport HDI (Becky's)
97 Peugeot 306 Dturbo
1995 Citroen AX GT