• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Started by cammmy, January 12, 2009, 02:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pugMi

choice, dude. good to see another 405 keeping an mi in it 8). nice work havin a car the same age as you. hope to see it rollin at welly meat and maybe fartscamp. welcome and so forth.........

cammmy

Yeah awesome first car. It definately hammers home that cars cost money to maintain and fix :D. Keen to meet everyone in Welly even if I have to do it in the Triumph.
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

cammmy

Car has been towed to the garage, cost exactly the same as a locksmith call out fee before they even start charging labour. Hopefully the mechanic will be able to get it sorted in a cost-effective manner.
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

cammmy

I've got my pug back now. New ignition, new locks, new tie rods and various boots (for W.O.F) and she's running better than ever so keen for meet.

What was involved in lowering your Trumper? Thinking something similar would be cool on mine, Maybe some wheels too and a british racing green paint job with big white circles on the front doors with 74 in 'em.

Quote from: Flange on January 12, 2009, 09:58:39 PM
Hey champ. I'm from welly too. I like citroens (close enough to peugeots) haha. I also have a TC. Don't sell it. TCs are tough. Be choice for a welly meet sometime. Get to know some nearby french car "enthusiasts" :P
Should have a trump meet even. Before you get your pug back on the road.

My non french baby:

'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S

Griffe

Nice work, that's great news RE your 40Fast

I must admit I really can't stand many brittish cars and have necer bene a fan of the TC etc but this one ^ looks so tough

Pics of your car are needed now pls
It's a workup

cammmy

It's pretty ave looking at the moment with the paint fading but I'll get some pics up for you tonight.
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S

cammmy

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the kind of numbers for 4bies in NZ?
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S

cammmy

Some pics of my 4bie

MOD: Image resize
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S

cammmy

hmmmm, how do I make the pics thumbnails instead of full blown images?
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S

Griffe

Pete will sort that

Nice one buddy!  What's next on the 'To Do List'?
It's a workup

cammmy

It looks like it's been in a fender bender so I will try get the front fixed (It's not completely straight. Most people may not see it but it annoys me). Then I will get it painted and my stereo gear installed.

Eventually Once it's due a rebuild (hopefully no time soon :-) ) I would like to have that done and also have it tuned. Would like to get it to 200+ bhp eventually. Also would like to have the whole motor and any other rebuilt bits chryo treated before they are put back in.
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S

CaM

mean bro

with tcs to get them that low you've got to be VERY careful when driving or you'll lose the gearbox crossmember. joe's has had some fairly epic scrapage so he's going to make up a modified one which will protrude downwards less. he's also retrofitting PI gear and fitting a worked 2.5 at some point. choice.

it's still driveable but you have to be VERY vigilant of obstacles. scrapes like a bastard on our driveway but then again so does my crown.... ashphalt on the roadside is looking worse for wear and we've only been in this place for like 3weeks hah. a mate of ours has one that's about 2 or 3" higher and it still looks so sweet. joe's not one to do things like lowering by halves though hah.  it looks so damn staunch though

1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

CaM

lolz don't even bother chipping the ecu, it's a shithouse system.... rip it all out and go link/megasquirt/whatever.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Griffe

Don't visit www.chip.ftl

Go to get more info from youcandothis@megasquirt.ftmfw!
It's a workup

pugMi

Quote from: cammmy on February 24, 2009, 08:51:52 PM
and my stereo gear installed.

if your interiors anything like mine it'll rattle like a rattley thing. speshly the factory front door location. prolly nothing that some huge screws/thread tape cant fix tho (hopefully)