• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hi there

Started by trofeogirl, February 04, 2009, 08:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trofeogirl

Bit new to all this. But stumbled across the site and thought I might add my Pug history. Personally owned/driven 205 GTI, 306 GTI6 (surely one of the best), 206 GTI (bit of a let down - sport suspension = no suspension), 307 CC (my current and girly car). Bought up in a Pug family - too young and keen to impress my peers to know how cool they were - the first and coolest was the 403 - battleship grey and very old by the time it came to us, upgraded to an appliance white 404 and then the 504 auto - very cruisy. My Dad, the Pug man before it was cool to be one enjoyed a 307XSPM for a few months last year before he died, his first new car. My excuse for the 307CC (which is fast-ish but only after you get its considerable weight moving along) is that I own and race an Alfa (actually we own a few but that's another story!).

ReonH

Welcome along...Alfa and Pug's seem to go well together for some reason - must be the emotional attachment you get with them... :)

I owned 3 Alfasuds - easily the best drivers car - the sound and feel of them hasn't been beaten by any car I've driven.
I belonged to the Alfa club for a number of years.  Good friends with Lance Thompson, Muzza (Murray Johnston) Andy Drummond, Justin Cox, Keith etc - well sold them lots of parts anyway!
Pity Alfa lost their way after the Sud - but only recently redeemed themselves with the 156 & 159!

I think there are one or two members on here with Alfas too.

Enjoy.
'95 106 Xsi <- 2KCup car
'97 106 GTi <- new 2KCup car
'90 205 GTi <- waiting for attention
'88 205 GTi <- waiting to put an miinit
'13 A200 Merc <- Laura's
'07 RS4 Avant <- 420HP of loud goodness

BigPete

More info/pics of Alfas plz :D

ciccio

sniff sniff
thought i smelt an Alfa in here!

welcome to the Fasts
Whats the Alfa you race/have?

IzzyRally

Alfa's are cool in my book. I had a 33 sportwagon with the 1.7 clover leaf engine.

Quote from: DRTDVL on February 04, 2009, 08:59:42 PM
nothing wrong with 307's my gf's got one...
;) ;)