• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hi new from hibiscus coast

Started by philstar1, May 25, 2009, 03:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philstar1

Hi tere I'm new to this

I was wondering what the best suspension upgrades are to a pug 205 gti

cheers

Griffe

Hi Phil,

Welcome along!  How'd you hear about the site?

What are you wanting to do with your suspension setup?  Just lower it slightly?  Rally it?  Race it on a track?

What colur 205 GTi have you got?  I have seen a few up there as my wife grew up in Arkles Bay so spent a bit of time up that way!
It's a workup

Carpentry

Hey bro

I'm a fellow Coastie (although now living south of the bridge, I still say I'm from Whangaparaoa as people south of the bombays hate 'Aucklanders') 8)
My old man has probably seen you driving around as he keeps saying there's a couple of 205's up there

As for shocks, you want Koni (affordable and relatively sympathetic to everyday/road driving) or Bilstein (more expensive but are Group-N spec and give you mad chops because they are the best you can get for 205's) and H&R springs are awesome.

I have nondescript 'red' springs (Jamex?) on standard shocks on the front and standard shocks on the back. They're pretty good outta the factory to be honest, unless you're going hardcone and like spending money.
Take it to Bishops

2052NV

yea koni's r a good relitivly cheep option. i have them in my car and they r more than enoughf for fast road/bit of track use etc...

philstar1

Hi there I had a charcoaal 205 but have just sold it. It was an auto and not really worth upgrading lots.

I'll get another one just need to keep an eye out for a good manual one.

any one have anything cheap for sale??

Carpentry

If you join in on some banter and get to 10 posts, the classifieds section will become available which is our eye on trademe, turners and t&e and things like that.
Take it to Bishops

philstar1

Hey I brought another 205 gti in the weekend!

I'm hooked, missed gocart style driving too much.

Wife not happy though as we're back to 3 cars again. Boat car, family car , my gti, ah well.

So how much are a set of koni's?
Where's the best place to buy them?

Also where is the best place to get new bushes for the suspension and how much.

I don't want to go nuts, just want to firm up the handling.

cheers

Carpentry

Take it to Bishops

2052NV

these guys are dealers for koni. not sure if there the cheepest of all but i know there reliable.