• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hello you French car loving nutters.

Started by Apex, June 03, 2009, 11:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apex

Hello Hello.

New member from Auckland, have been involved in various NZ car forums/Clubs and have just purchased a Renault Megane for the missus so I thought this a good place to join up having had no previous experience with any French cars.

I know a few other FF members through other clubs so hi guys.

I love French food and have a Standard Poodle so I could possibly become as mad on French cars as some of you lot. The Megane is far from boring.

Graham

Edit: Keyboard battery going flat.

CaM

Welcome!

Is the standard poodle one with full ground clearance rather than the chopped springs miniature number?

nice choice of car. there's bugger all rennos on here

cheers

cam
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Don Simon

Welcome and i think your poodle has torsion bars so you can adjust the ride height quite easily by the tail ride height adjuster ::)
91 Peugeot 205 GTI MI-16
11 Ds3 Dsport HDI (Becky's)
97 Peugeot 306 Dturbo
1995 Citroen AX GT

Apex

She is quite jacked that's for sure, all legs and handles like a Hilux Surf with bald front tyres.

Don't have any pictures of our Renault so here's the dog in my wagon.

CaM

e30 touring.
the only e30 i would tolerate
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Apex

Would it be that hard to tolerate a E30 M3 Sport Evo  :P

CaM

yes.
I hate e30s with a passion lol. I had one for a wee while.
however, something decent in a mint e21 single headlight coupe, or a slammed 535 e28, that's a different story.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Apex

All good. If you do get offered one I'll have it  :D

Cheers for the welcome guys.

Griffe

Wow this thread is awesome I love it, mostly coz I've been in a surf with bald front tyres!

Also, welcome along Apex, it seems like you'll fit in perfectly around here with that kind of humour!

Keen for more pics of dog/car....
It's a workup

IzzyRally

My Surf has a bald front driver. Welcome along mate.

Esprit

Mighty nice Megane you've got there Graham and Brooke :) Looks lovely in the blue... can't wait to see it in more detail... oh and give it a wash you grubby bastard ;)
'99 306 GTi6
'01 Exige S1

Apex

Few picks of the Megane.

No pictures of the back, I think the photographer wasn't a big J-Lo fan.

What a bloody fantastic car, I though modern Hot hatches had lost all the hotness after driving the Mazda MPS3 and Golf GTI as well as owning an Astra SRI-T. The Megane is one serious piece of kit, it has more grip than any car I have owned and the damper settings whilst hard are quite composed and confidence inspiring. The only thing that bugs me is the ABS calibration, it is way too sensitive for our bumpy back roads.

It is absolutely filthy, I spent an hour and a half on the interior yesterday and it is still in need of a rug doctor. The body will be a day job later this week, it will need a serious clean before I even attempt to clay bar and polish it.

I went to replace the indicator bulb in the head light and found the problem was a loose connection. Changing the bulb requires removal of the front wheel and inner guards so I pulled the wheels off and started on an under body clean up at the same time, I was impressed with the factory Brembo breaks and braided lines, also noticed a lot of undercar air deflectors, not something I expected on a hatchback.  All clean underneath after a blast with a high pressure water blaster and some degreaser, detailed the brakes and wheels with some metal polish.

Will take some decnt pictures when she is all cleaned up.

Griffe

Nice car!

I have a serious craving for those, one in a matt black would pwn me

Where are this pics taken?  Kumeu?
It's a workup

Apex

Terapa (s) Cock & Balls Bull.

The Megane is a fricken machine, im telling you! I have no idea how the French made a 1,300kg family hatch back as much fun to drive as a pre safety conscious 80's hot hatch and at the same time accelerate like a V8 and grip, handle and stop like a sports car. I think I have put my neck out...seriously. In love.

Griffe

MEAN!  Yes please!  One day one shall be mine!
It's a workup