• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Old but new

Started by rvrboy, June 06, 2009, 10:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rvrboy

Hi all, i'm new here , but I'm really quite old, had my first Citroen 40 years ago, was a 1952 L15,all my mates were driving ford pops or Mk1 Zephyrs and 50's holdens or A40s. My dad was driving a Renault Floride at the time, and he would let me have it on the odd saturday night, great for pulling the girls back then.
   Since then have only had a Renault 4, another citroen L15 and not long ago had a citroen bx16.
      I still drive old school , and at present have a BMW e30 for daily driver, only 1.8i, so its not that exciting but so reliable. Other cars in the shed awaiting work are Fiat 850cpe, and Lancia Gamma cpe.
            Reason I'm lurking here is that I want a Pug, not sure which model though, every time I set my sights on a model, something changes my mind.
         I'll keep looking all the best Gerry

CaM

Welcome Gerry.

What kind of year range are you looking? older? newer?
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

rvrboy

Hi Baron,  As I said been looking casually for a year or so, wanted a 505 at first, then looked at the 205.
      I also looked at a309gti, but I'm back to being undecided, even thought a 405 diesel might be a good idea as I have to travel to work from the country every day and need reliability and rasonable economy-comfort (I'm ageing Fast) I fix and maintain everything myself, but not looking for a long project..
         Cheers

Griffe

Welcome along, it's great to add some experience in the older of the marques to the site, I suggest just getting any of the models you mentioned above, once you get the first you won't regret it as French car ownership seems to be a very slippery slope and won't be the last pug you own!
It's a workup

CaM

cool.
staying within the 205/309/405 series will be easy for you. same engine as the bx but less complex overall. 405s are great cars but a lesser spec one may see you longing for your bx.... I'd love to own an srdt for the awesome performance and economy that the top diesel engien offers. However, a good Mi16 or even an SRi will be a great quick, fun commuter.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Lord Page

Derek's don't run.

Peugeot Ludix Blaster - Malossi 70cc
Peugeot 406 HDi SW
Peugeot 206 GTi SW

rvrboy

Thanks for the welcome guys, like I said I'm not in a rush and living in this area(waitaki valley  N'Otago), I dont get to see many examples for sale. I'm very patient  thank god.
          I just helped a friend out with his Lotus  Esprit this morning, we had previously worked out his car had the same rear brake pads as my Lancia, and his hand brake mechanism had seized and it too is the same as mine, so I was able  to loan him a caliper to enable him to get a warrant. Got to keep the oldies working and on the road eh.
         Cheers

Griffe

It's a workup

IzzyRally

you wont get parts for it mate

505 has my vote. they are so lush. i need one. ;D

BigPete

^ Have you driven one? Was so keen until I did, lol. Maybe it was just a haggard one.

Goat

was it that estate? That looked haggard in pics, so it was probably 9000 times worse IRL.

A 505 GTI would be face ruling.

Also, welcome along Gerry

pug405boy

505 gti's rule totally... even our pussy auto one!
Citroen BX19 TRS, Peugeot 405 GT-STi, Valiant Ranger, '69 Volvo 145 Estate