• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Pleased to meet you

Started by frans, July 01, 2007, 09:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frans

Hi, my name is Frans and I have just joined this Forum. I am a Renault enthusiast but any internal combustion engine will draw my attention.
I have a Renault R8 Gordini that I brought with from South Africa in 2001. It is the only one I know of in NZ although I believe there is another one somewhere near Ardmore Airport. If you don't know what it looks like do a Google search on R8 Gordini. Your 2000cc 16v DOHC normally aspirated car should be well tuned beat this 1300 8v pushrod engine that is 37 years old. This is just to give you an idea of how potent this little car still is, imagine the waves it made back in 1970. (1255cc and 82 kW)
I am building myself a race car to participate in Classic events and Hillclimbs etc. It is planned to be a R8 Gordini replica.

Griffe

Welcome to the site padres, you indeed have a beautiful car!
It's a workup

peugeot

greetings frans how goes the R8 project?

Nick
Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italians, the mechanics German, the lovers French and its all organised by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and its all organised by the Italians.

frans

Hallo Nick.
That is going slow as I am building an engine for Donald with the A110. Must be ready for end October for the Targa. Have you seen pics of the A110 yet?
Frans

Don Simon

Love the Renault 8 mate!

More piccies plz

Welcome to the forum too!!
91 Peugeot 205 GTI MI-16
11 Ds3 Dsport HDI (Becky's)
97 Peugeot 306 Dturbo
1995 Citroen AX GT