• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hello

Started by PJ, July 14, 2009, 09:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJ

Hi
Thought I'd join and check the site out after a mate bought a 205GTI. I used to have one back in the 1990s and I loved it.
Drive an italian now. 1985 Abarth 130tc.

IzzyRally

I always wanted a 130tc but never found one not full of ginge. Welcome along.

2052NV

hiya. i think you should go treat your self and get a 205 gti aswell so you can join in on all your mates french fun! is he a member on here?

also post pics of 130TC plz i love that car!

red16v

Finally...Peter Jackson has given up riding around in bloody Mercs and joined the fold!Welcome.
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

Carpentry

hi PJ

I've seen those 130tc's in action at an OldSchool trackday in Taupo. I like the cut of their jib. The engine mounts lol me.
Take it to Bishops

BigPete

The holes in the seats to dangle your balls into lol me.

PJ

Oh dear. If only I could work out how to post images.
Yeah its a nice little runner. I'm pretty sure its been rustproofed from new - that sticky black stuff is all over the underside of the car and when you lift it up on the hoist its sweet.
Its got twin 40mm carbs. I got those reconditioned after I bought it. I also replaced the rear shocks and the bushings all through the car are now nolethane so its the ride and handling are a bit sharper. I put new rubber on it which made a big difference as well. The interior has been retrimmed in black leather by one of the previous owners and I've got a stack of bills adding up to about $20k from the last owners.
Its quick and I'm keen to line it up against my mates 205.
I used to own a 205Gti Xu9 back in the 1990s - reg TA9070. Fully rebuilt the engine with Mi16 pistons. Fast Road cam. It was quite quick. It got written off when a bloke in a Commodore smashed into it. Someone took the wreck and put it back on the road under a new rego. No idea what has happened to it. They probably had no idea it had a hot engine when they picked it up.

Here is a link to to a pic of it when I first bought it. Drove her up from Chch.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=819151&l=d5b74bb427&id=645717153

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=819151&id=645717153#/photo.php?pid=819152&id=645717153

PJ

Ball danglers!!  ;D

205GTi

Hey PJ. I own a red 130tc also. I have a parts car too (its in Napier) so sing out if you ever need any.
I drove your car when it was for sale and it went really well. The engine was really strong.
Where did you get the nolethane bushes from? and how much were they?
Just bought some weber 45's for it, it should go well.

cheers
1984 Fiat Abarth 130tc

205GTi

here is a pic of a track day mentioned above, with mine on the left and Chris's on the right.

you should join http://fiatcarclub.co.nz/forum/ there are heaps of 130tc's on there
1984 Fiat Abarth 130tc

PJ

Yeah its a good engine. Its done 208kms now. Feels like it will run forever. Runs better after the carbs were recond. This was done by Weber Specs. He knows his stuff. Would have preferred it with Webers instead of Solexes though.

Got the bushes made by Autolign in Mt Wellington. They were really good. Tracked down the last set of shocks in the country for me.
The bushes were $30 so I was pretty cool with that until I realised I need about 12 of them.

Will go check the Fiat forum. Had no idea.

PJ

Nice 130TC by the way. Its almost identical to mine and it looks very straight. I'd love to check it out. You never see them around.

I'm ok for parts right now but if you've got a spare passenger door thats in good nick or a decent exhaust I'd be keen.

pugMi

abarth anythings are cool /mental. is that the one that was one top gear and the seats hit the roof when you try to access the back seats? mate used to have a ritmo(?). choice
anyway, welcome pj(amas)  :D

PJ

Yeah thats the one. You also have to drive it so your knees are up around your shoulders while your arms are at full stretch. You also can't read any of the dials on the dashboard.

205GTi

Quote from: PJ on July 16, 2009, 04:00:07 PM
Yeah its a good engine. Its done 208kms now. Feels like it will run forever. Runs better after the carbs were recond. This was done by Weber Specs. He knows his stuff. Would have preferred it with Webers instead of Solexes though.

Got the bushes made by Autolign in Mt Wellington. They were really good. Tracked down the last set of shocks in the country for me.
The bushes were $30 so I was pretty cool with that until I realised I need about 12 of them.

Will go check the Fiat forum. Had no idea.

do you mean 2nd hand shocks? I have 2 spare sets (i put konis in mine) you could have had a set.

the forum is only a month or two old, its a good idea.
Quote from: PJ on July 16, 2009, 04:07:58 PM
Nice 130TC by the way. Its almost identical to mine and it looks very straight. I'd love to check it out. You never see them around.

I'm ok for parts right now but if you've got a spare passenger door thats in good nick or a decent exhaust I'd be keen.

someone didn't give way and hit it so its off the road at the moment. But will be repaired along with a full re-spray, and rebuild the bottom end. Have got a decent exhaust that came off this car:

it looks to be in great nic with no holes etc. I went with a 2.5" system (the old one fell off) made a lot of difference (10%hp gain) but much noisier now. Let me know if you want the one on the blue 130. Its being stored in Hawke's Bay.

You're welcome to check them out, hardly ever see them around eh!
1984 Fiat Abarth 130tc