• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Back on 4 wheels

Started by dangermouse, July 30, 2009, 12:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dangermouse

I've been riding bikes for the last 5 years, however, I have a terrible track record when it comes to staying on two wheels (not always my own fault).
So after much to-ing and fro-ing, debating and descussion, I was on the hunt for a car.
Now, my wife drives a big, heavy, wobbly, ugly, thirsty Honda Odyssey, so I was on a mission to find exactly the opposite.
I've never been into Jap cars, (my last car was a cloverleaf Alfa), so after trolling through tardme, and producing a shortlist, I've ended up with 106.
Some of you may recognise it, I believe it belonged to someone here.

Anyway, after 5 days with the car, I can't imagine driving anything else.

I'm not a person with a lot of spare time, three kids'll do that, but I'll always get out for a drive if I can, I have a lot of tools, a little mechanical knowledge, and am always keen to help when needed.

So I'll look forward to catching up with a few of you in the future.

dm.

Carpentry

HI DAVE

Assumed you bought after I stopped seeing it parked in Grey Lynn there.

Welcome to FastFrogs. It's full of information and shit. But mostly shit. ;D
Take it to Bishops

Pee Dubbaya

Hi Dave,

Which model is yours? I saw a tidy looking XSi on tm which I considered before settling on the one I've just bought. It was from Grey Lynn so it may be the one you're thinking of "Carpentry"?
We should organise a drive through a few twisty roads sometime. In the meantime let me know how you get on with the new toy. :)

Kyle
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0

dangermouse

Yeah, that's the one. It ain't got nothing on your Rallye though. Seems to be a tidy car and all is good so far. Would be keen for a gawk at yours one day ;D

dm