• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hello from a newbie - Citroen BX 16V

Started by cams16v, August 06, 2009, 09:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cams16v

Hi All

My name is cam, and I am very new to the whole french thing.

To give you an example I have owned rotaries all my adult life and have spent $$$ really $$$, but I still enjoying seeing the odd old one.

But a couple of days ago I brought a Citroen BX 16 Valve and my opinion has changed some what!

Absolute love the car and its a pleasure to drive and fun!

I will put some pictures up when I have given it a clean.

I look forward to meeting some new friends and your comments

Kind Regards Cam

cams16v

Morning

I take it im the second Cam ? or the second cam with a 16v

Carpentry

You can be intake Cam, the other one can be exhaust Cam. He's all hot air :P

Welcome
Take it to Bishops

Don Simon

91 Peugeot 205 GTI MI-16
11 Ds3 Dsport HDI (Becky's)
97 Peugeot 306 Dturbo
1995 Citroen AX GT

cams16v

Check out what I spotted yesteday in the frog spotter section

Regards twin Cam?

cams16v

Ok I cant wait to clean it, here it is?

Carpentry

Wet cits are where it's izz-at :D

Yeah you can be Twin Cam

by the way, is it this one?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=231082427
Take it to Bishops

CaM

that's the one flange/xj-s/hairy wanted. he'll be gutted, but happy someone that loves cars got it.
what made you go french? I got a 205 coz I liked the wheels. used to have ae86/rx7/all manner of other stuff.

I'm #1 cam, I talk more shit than carpentry, but not as much as v8pete.
welcome.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

cams16v

Yep thats one off trademe I brought for $1710 which was more than I was advised on paying but decided that you only live once.

Actually my father is big on french and italian cars, and I had mentioned that I wanted to buy a PUG 205 GTI but my budget does not stretch that far at the mo. But I saw this and asked around and I thought it would be a good start. And can I say Im loving it so far.....she's a bit rough in areas but I like that and I will drive it every day to work and get as much enjoyment out of it. I may start to restore it but not in the near future.

Sorry to the other person who I was bidding on it, but you now have another french car lover to join the crew one would say.

Regards Twin Cam

CaM

great!
bx's are the best cars ever built
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

cams16v

So far I would have to agree, but I might be being biase just a tad.

Actually one of the reasons why I brough was the spec's

160 bhp + 1070 kgs = great fun

I was actuaaly quite surprised having owned some quick cars along the way in my life, and for front wheel drive she stick to the road like shit to a blanket, maybe im not trying hard enough?

I have started to read some of the threads and look at members cars, and it seems that its a good group of people. I look forward to talking to you all over time.

Goat

Grr. Haha. All good.
What a sweet looking car. A shame i missed out on it. But looks like it went to good hands.

cams16v

Thanks mate.

Yep she's in good hands, it was touch and go I was about to bail out on the bidding.

pugMi

choice car 8). welcome
bxes are almost as cool as mi ses ::)

cams16v

Very nice Pug ;) well looked after I see. I dont think my badges are that clean :'(