• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hello from a newbie - Citroen BX 16V

Started by cams16v, August 06, 2009, 09:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goat

Quote from: cams16v on August 07, 2009, 10:51:19 AM
Thanks mate.

Yep she's in good hands, it was touch and go I was about to bail out on the bidding.

Haha, i bailed at 1500. But my inner winner kept me bidding :D. Still, i think you got a bargain at 1700. Such a lush whip.
Swap for my 8v GTI plus 600 your way?? Hah

cams16v

It was hard not to go any further as I had strict instructions not to go over 1500 but I had taken it for a drive the weekend before and Knew what's 200 in the scheme of things.

Thanks for the offer but I want to enjoy the french experience for abit longer than four days  :D

Goat

Haha, was worth a try :P. My BX 8v is still a pretty lush whip anyways. hah

cams16v

Will it ever stop raining so I can wash the poor thing ???

Griffe

I think I am in love with your car
It's a workup

cams16v

Well that makes two of us :) I just wish the Mrs was more happy regarding the new purchase :o

red16v

just get her to drive it spiritedly-she will come around. Nothing beats one long distance,they are so comfortable at speed. And safe too-they brake on a dime, and their crash rating for their age is brilliant. welcome to the fold.
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

pugMi

cams16v

gunna blow out the cobwebs at the end of August, with a virgin drive from Auck to the snow and then down to Palmy and back again. So I suppose I will find out, needs new tyres though? Any recommends 195/60r14 brands?

Regards Twin Cam

cams16v

If I was being fussy all four ::) but I would have to say performance ;D

CaM

get some 15" xantia steels for more tyre options.
:D
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

red16v

if you gonna stick with factory sizes, go the michelins- good ones.The car is made for em, vice versa the tyres, so you might as well. The only reason i dont roll michies is that 16 and 17s are OMFG expensive.14s not too bad a corner. You can go 205s on the front max.
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

CaM

michelins can bite my diddle tbh. tread seperation primetime. same with pirellis.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

cams16v

gonna stick with the original mags of course so im stuck with 14's, I was thinking bridgestone?

cams16v

The 16v has made it on its maiden voyage to Feilding. Great drive along highway 32 from Tokaroa to Turangi the bx loved the long straights and highspeed corners. Also had a bit of fun from Vinegar Hill to Cheltham, very Targa driven :P The car loved it no problems heating wise or missing beats. Have to be one of the best drives so far very comfortable and alot of fun, even the digging of the elbows from the Mrs was not to bad as she's starting to come around. Cant wait for the drive back to Auck's, which way should I go?

Regards Twin Cam