• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hi!

Started by fokker, October 28, 2007, 11:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fokker

Hey everyone, this is my first post here, and I've just joined as I'm on the hunt for 205Gti....

About me: I'm a student at Canterbury uni, studying electrical engineering graduated last year doing masters now. Currently drive a fiat uno (1 litre so slow as hell but it has a massive sound system to compensate). I'm right into car audio so if anybody on here has any audio related question just shoot and I'll try and answer them.

Apart from that, I hope to be on here regularly soon as a fellow french car enthuiast!

Griffe

Haere Mai welcome!
It's a workup

Zealot

You wouldn't know a guy name Tom would you? Can't remember his last name, he's been doing a ME in Electrical Engineering there this year.

fokker

Tom venning maybe?

Griffe

No, Tom from Myspace...
It's a workup

Zealot

That sounds right. He's from auckland if it makes any difference :p

Carpentry

hey fokker

You've come to the right place for 205's, I'm sure between us you'll find a frog to suit you!

And when it craps out (yes, when) there's somebody who knows what to do
Take it to Bishops

fokker

Cheers carpentry. When looking to buy a 205 is there anything I should look for in particular, or anything I should I avoid? Are they prone to rust in any certain areas?

I've been looking for a while now and nothing has really come up (well, there were a couple but I was too slow  :'()

My friends neighbours have one that looks pretty tidy, I might leave a note on their windscreen asking if they want to sell, but its probably unlikely.

Zealot - you friends with Tom?

Carpentry

The ones from the UK are more likely to be rust-prone (salted roads etc)

The bit above the rear pop-out windows can get pretty dodgy too, rust-wise

I dunno, something about rear beam noises? Help me out on this you guys
Take it to Bishops

Zealot

Yea - ask him if he knows a "Henk" :p Nickname from highschool. He's the neighbour of a friend of mine - I know him semi well.