• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

French Cars make me LOCO

Started by Turtle, September 06, 2009, 10:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turtle

Haha.

Gidday.

I've bought a 1991 Peugeot 405gl as a run around while my partner and i save up some money for our house build which we hope to start soon.

I've been looking around for info on the car, particularly some DIY info for oil changes and other basic servicing (first Q is where the heck is the oil cap haha), didn't have much luck then i saw a sticker for Fastfrogs on a Car outside work and thought i'd give it a geeze.

Cheers

Griffe

Welcome along!

You're in the right place, we can answer all your questions and help with info on your 405 no worries.

Your car has a remote oil filler eg it's not right on top of the engine like most other cars, if you are standing looking at the engine from the front of the car then there will be a series of black pipes/hoses running to a  cylindrical shaped black cannister just behind the radiator on your right(ish) if you take the cap of the top of that (may be a bit tight) you can top/fill up with oil straight in there, this is all from my photographic memory so I may possibly be slightly wrong, if you post a pic of your engine bay we can easily point to where you need to fill the oil etc

Feel free to post any questions or answers at all or share anything you find funny etc and browse through the endless pages of junk mixed in with helpful info on here

Good work on getting a 405 to roll round in too! Pics plz!
It's a workup

Turtle

Cheers, thats what i was hoping to hear. I will have a look at it latter on today and see if i can get it figured out.

Pics, its not much to look at really, paint is dark grey, but its tidy enough, and runs really well, needs some tidying up on the suspension which i will look at when i get some free time.

The missus and i call it our backwards car, because everything on it is round the wrong way haha. But we are growing very fond of it.

2052NV

not you engine but the filler should be the same as this

and remember whn your putting oil in it pull the dipstick out or els youl get oil splashed every where! i learnt the hard way  :D

Turtle

Cheers for that pic, i was thnking that it was most likely that.