• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

New member's first post

Started by peterallison86, September 15, 2009, 04:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterallison86

Hello all, I've been a long time reader of your site but thought it was about high time I made it official. I've been having some trouble getting photos up but with a bit of luck it will work this time?! My current frog is a '98 Peugeot 306 gti-6, which I love with all my heart, I must however depart with my dear Christine, as I am planning to study again next year, need the money, and am looking at "dropping back?" to a 205 gti - hardly a bad consolation prize! I have owned one of these before a few years back and only my gti-6 has given me more smiles.
Sorry, this wasn't meant to come across as a plug!
Anyway, photographs. Here she is:

I was just about to advertise her when "Murphy" came and paid me a visit  :'(

Anyway, pannel has been beaten, paint ordered, and then I snapped my leg in two... So, when I can walk again (and more importantly, drive) I will head back to Wanaka, get it painted, and you shall be the first to know. Meanwhile, any 205 gti's up for sale???

Cheers team, keep up the fine work.
Pete.
Past: '89 205 Gti, '98 306 Gti-6, '90 205 Gti      Present: '01 Clio Sport RS 172      Future: ???

peterallison86

Thanks!
Hmmmm, any idea about the photos? Man I'm a failure when it comes to computers...!
Past: '89 205 Gti, '98 306 Gti-6, '90 205 Gti      Present: '01 Clio Sport RS 172      Future: ???

Esprit

Welcome in... don't sell the GTi6, you'll regret it.

I had one in the past when I convinced my ex to buy one. After the relationship ended, I spent over 2 years pining to have it back.... after 2 years of her refusing to sell it to me, I bought my own and haven't looked back :)
'99 306 GTi6
'01 Exige S1

peterallison86

ARGH don't do this to me! You have no idea how long this internal debate has gone on. I need the money, but I like the car, you're going to be a student you're not allowed a nice car, but I really like the car... and so on.

peterallison86

Haha, nice. Well we'll see. I'm ok with a spanner so I do have the option to buy cheap and broken and go from there - I'd buy the white one in Wellington from trademe if it wasn't de-registered, that really kills the party.

Carpentry

Hi there, welcome along :)

There's an '89 205gti for sale in Kingston belonging to a member on here. He's scots, so he might charge a bit much, but he's a mechanic so it'll be well looked after I guess ::)

I also agree with awatt. You already have a sweet car that as far as I know hasn't cost you $$$ in repairs and maintenance
Take it to Bishops

Get a Peugeot

yea man i own a gti6 aswell i wouldnt sell it and neither should you  ;D. because iv been watching trademe since iv gotten mine 6 weeks ago and theres only been two on there that iv seen. one was mine and this other dude down the line somewhere. so its not worth selling because in years to come itll become even harder
Peugeot S16/GTI-6
Peugeot S16/GTI-6                        Peugeot S16/GTI-6                                                Peugeot S16/GTI-6Peugeot S16/GTI-6

2052NV

SELL IT GET A 205 GTI THERE MEAN!  ;D

shame there rnt any really good ones on tm at the mo.

maybe buy this 4 the mean time?? looks pretty mint and cv's r easy ez!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Peugeot/auction-241594970.htm

Apex

Welcome to Fast Frogs.. No mater what Pergot end up with it wont be a Renault so loss loss.

peterallison86

Well thanks for all your advice fella's, even if it isn't exactly what I want to hear it can't be ignored!
Or can it? Hmmm aren't those 1400 GT's supposed to be quite a bit of fun?

BigPete

pugMi

at $4500 my question is "wheres the foglights an that?"

Griffe

Quote from: V8Pete on September 16, 2009, 06:45:12 PM
^ Bugger that @ $4500
Hope there's like $3500 worth of coins behind the rear seats
It's a workup

peterallison86

Where are it's wheels?!
Missed out on the white GTi in Wellington - couldn't quite justify bidding any higher with dismantled engine and dead reg costs in mind, but it seemed so sad to let someone wreck such a pretty wee thing  :'(
Looking, still looking.