• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Afternoon all

Started by rolly, September 22, 2009, 12:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rolly

Hi all

New here but been on ES for a while - some will know me.

Had my Clio RS for comming on 6 years now and my other machine is a SAAB for carrying the lad.

Some pics

My SAAB

And my old Volvo that I sold to get the SAAB

04 Clio RS - daily
03 Hirsch Saab 9-5 Sportcombi - family wagon
97 106 Gti - Current 2KCUP car - unknown quantity.
97 106 Gti - road car currently in bits after offering itself up as a sacrifice to the race car.

Carpentry

Word.

That murdered-out Saab is lush 8)
Take it to Bishops

rolly

Morn'n Heath

Carpentry - yeah I like to think so  :D
04 Clio RS - daily
97 106 Gti - road car currently in bits after offering itself up as a sacrifice to the race car.

Apex

Welcome Simon.

Up the Renault Sports!!

CaM

sweet scania!!
needs to be more love for the saab in nz. they're choice
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

2052NV

hiya. still cant get over the saab super tough!

also still amazed how fast those blimmen 172's are  ;D

Griffe

MEAN!

Giz right now! plz!

PS. Welcome along
It's a workup

rolly

Thanks for the Welcomes people.

Look forward to lurking more
04 Clio RS - daily

aerorobnz

Quote from: [2052NV] on September 22, 2009, 08:19:26 PM

Yeah....:-(  There's nothing as cool for the money as far as I'm concerned especially that's N/A . Just nothing that I want to replace a 172 with except another 172/182...

You could search all your life for who you are, or you could accept the simple truth:You are what you drive - said by Porsche, but I'd rather be a Renaultsport...

rolly

Quote from: aerorobnz on September 23, 2009, 07:49:31 PM

Yeah....:-(  There's nothing as cool for the money as far as I'm concerned especially that's N/A . Just nothing that I want to replace a 172 with except another 172/182...

And probabaly why I will never sell mine. I will no doubt get another daily at some stage, but parting with my clio is not even on my consideration list.

Although I need to find somewhere else to service it if I can't do it myself - another $700 bill for a standard service  :(
04 Clio RS - daily

aerorobnz

Quote from: rolly on September 24, 2009, 03:11:46 PM
Quote from: aerorobnz on September 23, 2009, 07:49:31 PM

And probably why I will never sell mine. I will no doubt get another daily at some stage, but parting with my clio is not even on my consideration list.

Although I need to find somewhere else to service it if I can't do it myself - another $700 bill for a standard service  :(

Yeah I wasn't going to ever sell mine either. It had only 42,000km too. Probably flying to Oz on the 26th or 27th to view a few post 2003 examples with the intention to import - it's an expensive option but I'm obsessed with RS Clios.
Since I've been looking, I have test driven amongst others a Megane F1, a Subaru STI Ver 6, going to test an Alfa 147 GTA shortly and I just haven't found that lovely combination of exoticness, lightweight/small size, throttle response and adjustability and those staggeringly good brakes.

The F1 was awesome, but it's a chunk larger, and I don't really want a turbo. I'm preaching to the converted i know....lol

As far as servicing I reckon AutoFrance are great, although for it becoming a 1st class classic in the future I guess the Dealership is the only way to go, even with their prices. I just wish a few more mechanics there would be sent to France for renault factory training. I understand only the head guy has done the official course.

btw, have you been able to make use of my old 172? I hope so I want it to go to a good home...
You could search all your life for who you are, or you could accept the simple truth:You are what you drive - said by Porsche, but I'd rather be a Renaultsport...

rolly

Yeah - tis not so good now Galerie was absorbed into A&S.

BTW - Graham's(apex) F1 is faster than my clio, both straight line and cornering - food for thought. And he hasn't even had it chipped yet!

And sadly your car was sold on the 10th which is even before I knew about it  :(
04 Clio RS - daily

DFF53

Hello your Saab is pure sex on wheels!

Grenouille Rouge

Griffe

Quote from: DFF53 on September 27, 2009, 08:47:18 AM
Hello your Saab is pure sex on wheels!

Agreed!  I am in love
It's a workup

rolly

Jeepers - this is a French car forums guys!

But thanks for all the comments  ;D
04 Clio RS - daily