• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

NOOBIE Alert

Started by DFF53, September 26, 2009, 02:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFF53

HELLO I AM Dinesh,  ,  no French car yet , but on the lurk for one.  Its nice to see everyone elses car :o.

Grenouille Rouge

BigPete

Hello Dinesh. Are you on the lurk for anything in particular?

DFF53

Yes either a 205xs or 1.6 gti or a Citroen BX19 GTI / 16V.  It will be my first French car, always wanted one but always end up with something German instead. So hopefully my Bmw sells so i can buy me a frenchy and finish building my Volvo 240.   

Grenouille Rouge

Griffe

Mean, welcome along, I love that you have a Volvo, post pics plz
It's a workup

DFF53

Hey thanks for the Volvo lovin, the brick doesnt get as much love as it deserves.
Shes a 82 244gle but soon hopefully will be turbocharged and sitting low on some BBS RS's.
Also, she used to be automatic but now shes got a 5spd manual box.

Grenouille Rouge

kiwibrick

haha

Nice to see you here from turbobricks man  ;D
306 S16 6speed

DFF53

Thanks, wow i didnt know you had a S16 as well, must go like stink!

Grenouille Rouge

andy2970

Where abouts are you based?
'89 205 gti
'88 VW Porrera No:1 Resto project Slowly, but surely

DFF53

Aucks, i see you got yourself a 205 gti for a bargin,  wish i could have got 1 as well. i was looking at one on trademe a 1.6 gti with 1.9 motor in it in chch but its not on trademe anymore.

Grenouille Rouge

andy2970

'89 205 gti

DFF53

Thanks for that mate, it must have been listed yesterday arvo. I was watching an auction for a 205 gt in welly in the afternoon and wasnt there then.

Grenouille Rouge

andy2970

'89 205 gti

Griffe

Quote from: DFF53 on September 26, 2009, 03:26:26 PM
Hey thanks for the Volvo lovin, the brick doesnt get as much love as it deserves.
Shes a 82 244gle but soon hopefully will be turbocharged and sitting low on some BBS RS's.
Also, she used to be automatic but now shes got a 5spd manual box.

Mean!  I have a big softspot for Ovlov's and Saab's also

SO so mean, easy to work on and tuff!
It's a workup

2052NV

hey mate. good to c more new members!

you should buy this!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Other-accessories/auction-243578697.htm

it has had the mi-16 conversion already done (twin cam 16v engine instead of standard 8v SOHC) so itl be fast and many ppl say the 309 handles better than the 205 because of the wider suspension.

itd be a weapon!

DFF53

Also more weight at the rear to counter the front bias. Though thats the reson i bought my mk2 Jetta instead of a golf, though it always still feels like a big car. Also thats weigh over my budget. I cant afford to  sipphon  all my funds into a new car when i my Volvo has been waiting for sooo long.   I am sure i saw your car (2052nv) around penrose yesterday I was in my 760 turbo.

Grenouille Rouge