• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Yippee!! I found one!!

Started by aerorobnz, October 08, 2009, 02:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aerorobnz

Just had to come straight home and tell you all....

I'm sure most of you are aware of my predicament after my rolling of my dear 172. I've been searching ever since, and i got emailed yesterday by a dealer who saw my 'wanted' ad. He'd just come into possession of a Black 2003 RS 172 with 25,000km on the clock (YES 25K ) which he was preparing for sale and thought I might be interested.  It was sold new from Renault Galerie as well. Obviously I was, and I took it for a drive this morning, and promptly placed a deposit on it. He's going to touch up a few stone chips, and put it in for a Renault servicing at Archibald & Shorters for the price. It does have the slightly ugly Remus double exhaust on it, so I may return to stock in time, but I'm just happy to end up in a fast frog again...

No pics yet, but they will follow in good time...

I'm so happy!!

Rob
You could search all your life for who you are, or you could accept the simple truth:You are what you drive - said by Porsche, but I'd rather be a Renaultsport...

Griffe

Good man that's awesome!  Well done!
It's a workup

Apex

Good shit, black will look deadly.

Does this one have Electronic Stability Control or some kind of a "you're driving funny "warning system? 

Esprit

Good to hear :) Now make sure you keep this one shiny side up :)
'99 306 GTi6
'01 Exige S1

aerorobnz

Quote from: Apex on October 08, 2009, 03:29:55 PM
Good shit, black will look deadly.

Does this one have Electronic Stability Control or some kind of a "you're driving funny "warning system? 

ESP doesn't work so well when all four wheels are in the air....l:-D

I shall endeavour to keep this one right way up. I can't handle the stress of driving a 4 speed automatic for several months again.

I'm thinking Gunmetal or Black 16" Alloys...

You could search all your life for who you are, or you could accept the simple truth:You are what you drive - said by Porsche, but I'd rather be a Renaultsport...

CaM

did you get your other wreck for parts?
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

aerorobnz

No. It was sold. I didn't think I'd be able to get another one, so I never bothered.

rolly

good stuff,

another 75k on the clock and it will be run in.

Hmmm low kays and remus twin exhaust - wonder if it's the one that we looked at before getting ours - a guy on Waiheke owned it and it never got used as it stayed this side of the water.

Can't say I'm a fan of the exhaust either

So glad you found one
04 Clio RS - daily
03 Hirsch Saab 9-5 Sportcombi - family wagon
97 106 Gti - Current 2KCUP car - unknown quantity.
97 106 Gti - road car currently in bits after offering itself up as a sacrifice to the race car.

Apex

Quote from: DRTDVL on October 08, 2009, 04:17:06 PM
i say go do this!

http://www.rallydrivenz.co.nz/rallyschool.html

X2, my sister did it and she is fast as now.

http://www.skytv.co.nz/Default.aspx?tabid=733

Quote from: rolly on October 09, 2009, 12:30:49 PM
good stuff,

another 75k on the clock and it will be run in.

Hmmm low kays and remus twin exhaust - wonder if it's the one that we looked at before getting ours - a guy on Waiheke owned it and it never got used as it stayed this side of the water.

Can't say I'm a fan of the exhaust either

So glad you found one

RS's are built Ford Tough! Mine feels tight like a tiger at 70odd.

Apex

Yea, long story but she brought a rally drive day package for he husband and he nnver used it so she took it. Fast as in her 1.4 Nissan Pulsar now.

I want to do one if anyone is keen, its bloody expensive though.

Apex

Piss off with your "Rally Drivers Best Drivers" wind up! The Girl Racer Vid showes what its like is all..minus the hotness women.

If my sister was on that show I would wish I had grown up in Waiuku. Annette is my fave, Google her at your own peril, especially her FHM shoot. Mmmmmm.

I would be keen to do that rally School, im pushing for combined Christmas and birthday presents from the old lady like I did for a Transformer toy as a 5 year old. 

K-Bar

^^ lol  looks mean though. i would be keen forthe one day course front wheel drive!
C2 VTS
205 gti
Saxo VTS
AX GT

aerorobnz

Quote from: DRTDVL on October 08, 2009, 04:17:06 PM
i say go do this!

http://www.rallydrivenz.co.nz/rallyschool.html
Maybe we should block book a fast frogs corporate event and see if we could get a discount...

aerorobnz

My new RS. It drives very well, certainly am happy with the purchase. Drove it back from Henderson behind a Maserati Quattroporte 4.7 GT-S. It's Exhaust note made everyone within 100m of it inadequate. My Remus exhaust is quite loud compared to stock, but nothing compared to the crackling vocals from the Mazza... To be honest i can see myself changing the exhaust at some point, I envisage it becoming cop/racer bait because it is pretty obvious.. ktec stealth II/stock is more my style, but I'd have been foolish to not buy the car cos of the exhaust..

Griffe

Wow nice car!  You've done exceptionally well!  Exhausts look like handlebars

Whats the plans for it?
It's a workup