• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Yippee!! I found one!!

Started by aerorobnz, October 08, 2009, 02:45:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aerorobnz

Got a quote of $1350 + fitting for a Milltek catback exhaust, just awaiting another quote from the guys that did the 'RG' exhaust kit for Renault Galerie.

I'm still not convinced by the look of the remus, but I have to say I do like the crackle of the remus exhaust when you take your foot off the gas. I've found my window down a touch far more than I used to. I got my first chance to really test it out on the way to work today and the vvt seems particularly strong and the exhaust does come on song once you're well underway, although maybe a little bassy for some tastes at lower speeds. On a short piece of unnamed road I could just scrape 100kph in my old 172 before having to brake to turn into another road, but today I hit a chunk more than that before I realized it was going much faster than I expected and slowed down. I may get it dynoed as I suspect it may also be chipped.
You could search all your life for who you are, or you could accept the simple truth:You are what you drive - said by Porsche, but I'd rather be a Renaultsport...

rolly

Err learn from my $1600 mild steel mistake - don't get a custom one made at prestige. It broke twice - I put it out for curbside collection in less than 6 months. Also all the sparks/grinding metal left marks all over the rear window.

Even the one they actually made for RG had issues - I know a guy who took it back three times when the center section kept failing - RG had to cover it under warranty.

My center section failed first then the it craked before the rear muffler.

I will NEVER go back.
04 Clio RS - daily
03 Hirsch Saab 9-5 Sportcombi - family wagon
97 106 Gti - Current 2KCUP car - unknown quantity.
97 106 Gti - road car currently in bits after offering itself up as a sacrifice to the race car.

Apex

Why not just put to droopy tips on it to hide those big ones and save the money for beer.

Will be interesting to see if it has been chipped, do you have a stock run for comparison Rolly??

rolly

Well, I've got a stock ECU run with my ktec exhaust both from Torque Performance and my RSTuner datalogger.

Stock tunes are pretty easy to spot as they are very peaky - feels like a 5k vtec kick. it's actually ecu limited for emissions regs.

Mine now feels very flat by comparison - pretty much a solid pull from 3500rpm.
04 Clio RS - daily
97 106 Gti - road car currently in bits after offering itself up as a sacrifice to the race car.

aerorobnz

Quote from: Apex on October 19, 2009, 11:37:41 AM
Why not just put to droopy tips on it to hide those big ones and save the money for beer.
Yeah that's a thought, the quotes for a full system were too high for me to bother for the time being - especially given that I want wheels as well. I may just have to put up with it for the meantime.

Just realized now as i got out of the car that this RS has an ESP button, my last one didn't ( ;DLOL)

As for dyno testing, apparently there's a well known Nissan tuner in Sylvia Park with one that my friend uses for his 700bhp skyline, so I think that's the easiest to get to. Will get a quote for just a power run.
You could search all your life for who you are, or you could accept the simple truth:You are what you drive - said by Porsche, but I'd rather be a Renaultsport...

Apex

You could just wait for a Dyno day unless you're keen as, on a dyno day its considerably cheaper.. Will update here if I hear of any.

Whatever you do pick a place and stick with it, the variation between places is huge (upto 20kwatw) so if you are dynoing and re dynoing to see what you have gained it can be confusing.

If we had enough keen members I could organise one. Would want 20 cars though  :)

Griffe

It's a workup

Carpentry

^Does that include the tuning part or is it just dyno use?

That guy from the last one reckoned 400 squids to get my car to stop running rich :o

I guess if you had aftermarket management all you'd need is a laptop or summat
Take it to Bishops

rolly

For RS renaults buy your own tuner/diagnosis/datalogger for relatively peanuts.

www.fastchip.nl

Yes I can vouch for it - as I have one. Totally repeatable dynp plot - excellent maps with the option of custom tunes. Clear and get error codes, as well as data logging which can be overlaid as subtitles on a video.

And to think you can have all this landed for less than $500. As long as you have a laptop and can use it your sussed. That is at least 1/3 the cost of a custom tune here in NZ and that's all you get - a custom tune.

Tis good to be an RS owner  ;D
04 Clio RS - daily