• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

after a 106cs, xsi or gti

Started by wanted106gti, October 12, 2009, 05:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wanted106gti

i am currently looking to buy a 1997 106gti that is here in chch at premium cars in wainoni rd. nz new, 155km, gold, stock std, drives good. etc but im wondering if any members know of this car. any problems? wanting $6500.
i would be keen on a 106cs, rallye, or xsi also if anyone wants to sell theirs. budget not a problem nor is travelling to buy.
i used to own a 205gti 1.9 manual, no pwr steer, no air con etc. many years ago when living in akl. car is dead now according to carjam.
looked at buying a gold 106gti when it was new from continentals.
have driven 106 xsi 1.4 and 1.6 versions also and a friends 306 gti6.
this car is for my partner as a first car. why buy a boring car when you can have something that is fun...

aerorobnz

....now you've told us all you'll have competition for a 106GTI in gold I'm sure.... so if I were you I'd get a deposit down before some one else does.... ;D
You could search all your life for who you are, or you could accept the simple truth:You are what you drive - said by Porsche, but I'd rather be a Renaultsport...

wanted106gti

im sure if it was so good everyone would have bought it by now...since it's still there after a few weeks whats wrong with it. im sure a few members on here have had a look.

K-Bar

106 gti's are mean.  they rarely come up for sale. you should buy it if the cost isnt really an issue!

i dont think there is any reason there will be something wrong with it.

oh and welcome
C2 VTS
205 gti
Saxo VTS
AX GT

Bullitt

Was it you who left a message on my phone about buying one?

I havnt really owned mine long enough to be an expert on what can go wrong.  They are a really fun car though, it took me six months to find one for sale and I have no regrets buying it.  Since then it seems a few have come up for sale.

The only things Im aware of that cause problems are the gearboxes are a weak point, as they wear they will get stiffer to change gears in.  Also many of them (including mine) develop various clunks from the suspension, mine seems to do it when it has sideways load on the wheels usually at lower speeds.  Ive been told its a cheap fix but havnt tried for myself yet.

If you have the option of a GTi I wouldnt settle for an XSi.  The GTi isnt that much better in any particular area but overall its a much better car (plus IMO it looks much nicer)
106 GTi

wanted106gti

yes that was me.
i better go and buy it before all on here rush out and snap it up...
im suprised that no one else had commented on it here before now.

wanted106gti

does anyone know if my old renault clio 16V with Dimma bodykit is still around? used to live in chch with CL10 plate. had an article in NZ classic car years ago.

you wont get parts for it mate

seen one in auckland earlier this year. cant remember plate. buy the zx gti or the megane! both awsum cars!!!

red16v

up in auckland somewhere...if it is a blue williams with a dimma kit and big fuck off split rims.saw it when i was up there, Really good nick
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

wanted106gti

thats the one. it's not a williams though. had 16" compomotive 2 piece alloys same style as 205 gti 15" wheels. good to see its still alive and kicking.

rolly

Way OT but yeah the dimma Clio lives at the pet store in Pukekohe on Paerata road (SH22). A chick drives it.

Always want to call in and find out how owns it and get them to join up, but I'm always running late or the lad has just fallen of to sleep etc etc when I'm going past (no I'm not a stalker  ;) Puke is my old home town).
04 Clio RS - daily
03 Hirsch Saab 9-5 Sportcombi - family wagon
97 106 Gti - Current 2KCUP car - unknown quantity.
97 106 Gti - road car currently in bits after offering itself up as a sacrifice to the race car.

Apex

Dont listen to him, he is a stalker  :D

We didnt get any Williams Clio's in NZ did we Simon? They are still worth a mint in the UK.

K-Bar

I think ive seen one for sale on tm more than a couple of years ago. may have been imported though
C2 VTS
205 gti
Saxo VTS
AX GT

rolly

Not even sure that is was a real Williams either. Prob a 16v replica - infact I think I rember reading that in the ad!

Not too up to the play but I don't recall any Williams sold here new.
04 Clio RS - daily
03 Hirsch Saab 9-5 Sportcombi - family wagon
97 106 Gti - Current 2KCUP car - unknown quantity.
97 106 Gti - road car currently in bits after offering itself up as a sacrifice to the race car.

aerorobnz

Quote from: rolly on October 13, 2009, 02:20:45 PM
Not even sure that is was a real Williams either. Prob a 16v replica - infact I think I rember reading that in the ad!

Not too up to the play but I don't recall any Williams sold here new.

I remember an ad on trade me that said there were like 4 that were bought new, and a few more imported. Having said that every car on trade me seems to have something like that.... "Only ____ of these in the country" blah blah so it's probably a lie. lol
You could search all your life for who you are, or you could accept the simple truth:You are what you drive - said by Porsche, but I'd rather be a Renaultsport...