• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Parts

Started by chris2000, October 22, 2009, 11:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris2000

Hi, was wondering if anyone can advise me on the best place to source 205gti parts. In prticular i m after a replacement oil cooler. It is an oil to wter coler for a 1.9 also after engine mount rubbers.

Griffe

I can price up any new parts from Peugeot but just be prepared for the prices!  Some are so cheap its not funny and some are outta this world, please remember to provide your chassis number
It's a workup

Carpentry

The Mount Shop for rubber

Would you be interested in used parts? I'm doing an engine bay cleanout and the oil cooler jacket thing is on the list of stuff to go. The price is right, it's free 8)

Oh and welcome to fastfrogs!
Take it to Bishops

pugMi

and thats fastfrogs summed up right there. meeean

welcome, also

DFF53

There are two 205s in pick a part mangere and  injected and carbed 1.9 405s at PAP Takanini if its helpful

Grenouille Rouge

chris2000

Thanks guys, all helpful stuff. second hand parts would be fine, also good to know where to source new bits though. Thanks for the help. I was a peugot virgin until last weekend, always wanted a 205 gti when i was younger so thought i would get one now before i am too old to enjoy it. took at out for a blast the other night, the biggest driving smile i have had since i was 17, handles so well. guess thats what killed the oil cooler, must have been on it's last legs!!!! Carpentry, what do you mean by oil cooler jacket thingy?? Oh and thanks for the welcomings.

Carpentry

It's a round thing that usually sits on the front of the block and has and oil filter on it, along with the 2 water hoses. Doesn't really do much as far as I know. I don't think all GTis came with them (some had air/oil some had nothing) so my guess would be that you could do away with it all together ???

And what do you mean it's killed? Is there oil pissing out everywhere or something?

Also, I took my 205 out for two stints this weekend. One was a lovely jaunt out Whitford ways with Cooter the Sweaty and 2052NV and went to see some mates in Katikati yesterday. That car never fails to make me grin ;D
Take it to Bishops

Griffe

Just get rid of the cooler altogether, replace the top hose with a standard one
It's a workup