• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Greetings!

Started by KineticReality, October 30, 2009, 04:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KineticReality

Hello chaps!

I believe I met a couple of you on the cruise to Hampton Downs on Monday as I was travelling with one of the BWM enthusiasts!

Quite impressed I must say with many of the cars.  Unfortunately (not really) my old daily driver/beater Honda Civic has really past it's lifespan and I decided to retire it to a sunny paddock somewhere.  Soooo I was in need of a new daily driver to enjoy and tinker with, something not quite has crazy and large as my Camaro. 

I know a few of you may have seen the awesome Pug 309 GTI on trademe over the last couple of weeks.  I am glad to say I am it's new owner!

It seems like a bit of an unreal find, it is a NZ New car bought from Continental Cars in Auckland in 1990, it has never changed hands is and owned by a nice elderly couple it's entire life.
It has been driven by the wife too, it also has been serviced regularly - replacing every little thing that has ever needed it, from clutch to fuel gauge shocks and all!

It drives like brand new and I think it's going to be a total blast to drive.   I will be picking it up on Tuesday next week, so I will give it a wash and get some pictures taken to show it off!

Anyways, I am looking forward to getting to know you all a lot better!

Griffe

Welcome along, that is a fantastic find, I look forward to seeing some great pictures of your new steed soon!

Feel free to join in on any post and ask questions along the way
It's a workup

CaM

Welcome!
pics of the steed needed STAT.
Hope your french ownership goes well, you'll hopefully fit in quite well, even though we're an obscure bunch.
don't worry if you don't understand half of the lingo, the smack-talking, or the driveling of a good percentage of us. We're the lower teir that Michael Laws talks of.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Griffe

I want mine to sound like Darth Vader
It's a workup

KineticReality

haha thanks guys!

I have quite wanted a wee french car since I was last wandering around the streets of Paris, my french coworkers are rather happy with me as well haha

DFF53

Wow was it the red one, awesome buy regardless.

Grenouille Rouge

KineticReality

Yes it indeed is the red one, which makes it produce an extra 100bhp haha.  :)   Well it feels that way compared to the 205 Diesel we used to have  8)

Carpentry

Hello there!

Welcome, of course. Your new car sounds amazing, the perfect used car (pretty much brand-spankers)!
CaM is right, we seem to talk in a sort of code, but most of it is inconsequential. The useful stuff is quite readable.

Joel
Take it to Bishops

K-Bar

Welcome sounds mean. where are you based?

dont worry about the dribble - i have been on here over a year and still dont understand half the gibberish on here lol
C2 VTS
205 gti
Saxo VTS
AX GT

Goat

Choice buy bud. Sounds like a minter.

Pug_girl

come to wellington meet

cams16v

Welcome and howdy. Great car, sounds like a nice little gem.

Regards Twin cam

KineticReality

Thanks for all the nice greetings!

I live in Ponsonby/Freemans Bay at the moment, so ill be looking to get along to as many auckland meets and activities as possible!

Carpentry

Oh cool

I'm in Western Springs/Grey Lynn I'll keep an eye out for you. I generally beep at things
Take it to Bishops

Apex

Hi and welcome'

Were you the dude with long hair riding back seat in the pommy dudes E39??, remembered you had a late 70's camaro, 79 wasnt it? did you spot the FF stickers on Robs Pug and my Reno?

I felt sorry for you passengers with the spirited pace we were leading.

Good find on the 309, nice little cars.

Enjoy Fast Frogs and try our new Diet Fast Frogs.