• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

another gti owner

Started by gd72, November 26, 2009, 08:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gd72

Hi all

i've got a 1.9 205gti that is off the road at the moment...replacing a worn clutch, which has been an interesting exercise.... Waiting for a tachometer screw to be able to finish (i hope) the job. Also replaced drop links and track rod ends.....next job will be replacing the drivers window mechanism so that I can use the window during summer! If anyone has a mechanism they want to donate/sell let me know. Prefer electric....pleading over.

I'm in Chch. Had the car for a few years now. great fun and it's mostly been ok. just filters, brake pads, tyres, rear discs, fuel pump, and the above i've had to do..looking like front discs will be next  (assuming nothing eles goes wrong). Any recommendations on the best place to get some appreciated.

2052NV

WELCOME!!
sweet so you know how to swing a spanner!

do you mean the screw that hold in the spedo cable. if so dnt worry about it they dont really need a screw to hold them in.

Also post pics!!!!

gd72

it's the bit of plastic that fits over the driveshaft to drive the speedo cable....just ordered one from the dealer, waiting for delivery from France now. Didn't know it was bust until trynig to put driveshafts back in. Alternatviley it wasn;t bust until i tried to put driveshafts back in...

as for pics, clicking on the button sayign add pic didn't seem to work...I'll have a play.

2052NV

i dont know what you mean take a picture of it haha

we use photobucket to upload pics!

user: fastfrogs
Pass: frogsfast

gd72

hopefully a pciture is here..

MOD: Made picture work...

CaM

welcome!

as for discs: autostop/automotive supplies, or bnt will sort yu out some discs. if you manage to get a trade discount then even better. perhaps it's worthwhile looking at upgrading your brakes too if you're into a fair bit of spirited driving.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

CaM

pic posting, i find, is easiest done by enlarging the pic on photobucket, nad if you run internet explorer, right click on the picture, click properties, and copy the link for the image in that box. for firefox, right click on pic, click copy image location.

then go to fastfrogs reply screen, click 'insert image' (the second buton from the left above the smilies) 

then right click between the two tags, hit paste

[img*]http://http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/fastfrogs/IMG_0976.jpg[*/img]

and post.

if you remove the asterixs i've put in that line it'll come out like this

;) ;)
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Carpentry

Welcome!

Car looks good, black is a good colour.
I'm pretty sure I have a window reg./mechanism in stock somewhere...
Take it to Bishops

BigPete

What's broken on that plastic thing? Could've probably found one lying around if you hadn't already ordered a new one.

gd72

Quote from: Caprentry on November 27, 2009, 09:56:55 AM
Welcome!

Car looks good, black is a good colour.
I'm pretty sure I have a window reg./mechanism in stock somewhere...

thanks...let me know on the window mechanism..cheers

gd72

Quote from: 16VPete on November 27, 2009, 11:10:03 AM
What's broken on that plastic thing? Could've probably found one lying around if you hadn't already ordered a new one.

there's some fins (or such like) on the inside that i assume grip onto the drive shaft that allow the wormto drive the speedo cable..they've snapped.

guess I should have posted earlier, but as I've ordered I'd better stick with that.

2052NV

dude its black! mean my fav colour. and also major copy of my grill! (butnotrealylol)  ::)