• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Im new

Started by tastic, February 16, 2010, 06:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-Bar

Quote from: tastic on February 16, 2010, 09:21:47 PM
LOL. First one made me giggle. 2nd one looks like an overpriced shitheap

Going to check out the mk1 gti tomorrow night :D

yeah man good stuff - that golf looks mint but be careful i have heard that the current owner has been fanging it everywhere ant it was really mint before he got his hands on it so maybe a little neglegted

still though looks pretty good and they are generally bulletproof
C2 VTS
205 gti
Saxo VTS
AX GT

Goat

Quote from: cammmy on February 17, 2010, 10:06:05 AM
Quote from: CaM on February 16, 2010, 09:16:31 PM
british cars aren't usually seen as euro. they're a failure waiting to happen all on their own!

Watch it chump ;)

Accept the truth. Hah  ;D

cammmy

4bie - Never passed a warrant first time. Cost me thousands upon thousands to get it to it's current state... which isn't really that great. So unreliable I bought a japper.

Trumper - since I've owned it, it's only needed a wheel bearing adjusting for the first wof I had done. 15 mins labour.

Also. British. I rest my case ;D

'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

Carpentry

Ahhh, the Saggy-Arse

Don Simon built that when he lived in jolly old England. I hear tell that the louvres on the front fenders don't go anywhere because after they proved to throw stones at the windscreen at 5674856478 miles an hour they had to block them up. :D
Take it to Bishops

Reviled

Me old man has a trumpy spitfire which we took in the narva targa tour, great little car, bulletproof toaster sized engine (apart from the headgasket)

They made some pretty good cars really, but I still reckon the answer to all of its problems lie in a 4AGE!

I mean, look at all the best Trumpy's, they all have an engine out of something else  :D Especially the stags, those v8's were so pooos

tastic

Quote from: K-Bar on February 17, 2010, 10:14:43 AM

yeah man good stuff - that golf looks mint but be careful i have heard that the current owner has been fanging it everywhere ant it was really mint before he got his hands on it so maybe a little neglegted

still though looks pretty good and they are generally bulletproof

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be having a good look for rust too as it spent 8 years in england.

cammmy

^Salted road = Fail.

Quote from: Reviled on February 17, 2010, 01:11:09 PM
I mean, look at all the best Trumpy's, they all have an engine out of something else  :D Especially the stags, those v8's were so pooos

Think the design was okay, quite advanced for it's time. Just poorly executed. Apparantly it's very common to find sand in the cooland channels from the casting process :o
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

Reviled

They just have such a bad rep eh!! Ive only ever seen one stag that had the original trumpy engine in it and as a result it was selling for about half the price they normally go for  :-\

Rover 3.5l V8 ftw

cammmy

Would love a rover V8 in my trumper.
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S

Apex

That TVR would be a real mish to polish, look at all those vents.

Do not want.

Aston Martin anyday.

Carpentry

Oh and also, welcome to fastfrogs.

The threads often get away on us. So does the phrase 'get away on us/him/her/it/me/them'
Take it to Bishops

cammmy

Brilliant thing about that TVR. 50k pounds new. Can get one from Ebay UK for 35k quid. Thats about 80,000NZD. Not bad considering it's performance

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TVR-Sagaris-Coupe-400-Bhp_W0QQitemZ270514050596QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item3efbe4d624

Just have to put up with shit yellow spec interior.

Also. Welcome to Fast Frogs, hope you end up actually getting a frencher :D
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S

pug405boy

Quote from: cammmy on February 17, 2010, 02:58:25 PM
Would love a rover V8 in my trumper.

Looked at a Trumpy once that had a 427 chev v8 in it... guy was moving to OZ and couldn't take it cause they had had to re-engineer the front chassis rails!
Citroen BX19 TRS, Peugeot 405 GT-STi, Valiant Ranger, '69 Volvo 145 Estate

gtistee

ah the joys of a colour blind 1st owner.. wtf is with the yellow int on a red car???
did read along the way about a footie fan ordering one in his team colours which were purple and yellow..
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

aerorobnz

Quote from: cammmy on February 17, 2010, 04:31:13 PM
Brilliant thing about that TVR. 50k pounds new. Can get one from Ebay UK for 35k quid. Thats about 80,000NZD. Not bad considering it's performance

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TVR-Sagaris-Coupe-400-Bhp_W0QQitemZ270514050596QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item3efbe4d624

Just have to put up with shit yellow spec interior.

Also. Welcome to Fast Frogs, hope you end up actually getting a frencher :D

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1483996.htm
would rather have this for 16000 pounds.
You could search all your life for who you are, or you could accept the simple truth:You are what you drive - said by Porsche, but I'd rather be a Renaultsport...