• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Im new

Started by tastic, February 16, 2010, 06:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2052NV

haha another confirmed sign up from my sticker!

welcome mate. yea id be patient and wait for a good one if you want a 205. I looked for nearly a year for mine!. but dont let that scare you there have been a bunch of good 205's recently on tm and cheep! (compared to what i payed for mine  :-[)

also get a 205 over a golf!  8)

2052NV

also that TVR is frign cool imo!

this one was at Concourse in the weekend what's up the the Gurney style hump on the roof?

tastic

Shit that blue tvr is epic.

Quote from: 2052autobonnet on February 17, 2010, 08:04:05 PM

Whats quicker, mk1 golf or 205gti?

2052NV

Quote from: tastic on February 17, 2010, 08:15:55 PM
Shit that blue tvr is epic.

Quote from: 2052autobonnet on February 17, 2010, 08:04:05 PM

Whats quicker, mk1 golf or 205gti?

well the 205 was made to better the golf....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyeW-kwDpek

Esprit

Quote from: 2052autobonnet on February 17, 2010, 08:11:49 PM
also that TVR is frign cool imo!

this one was at Concourse in the weekend what's up the the Gurney style hump on the roof?

Roof hump is helmet clearance for the driver :)

Sagarises are awesome... want one so bad, but couldn't afford to run one. Until recently you couldn't bring them into NZ anyway, and you've still got to jump through SEVERAL hoops to get one in (even if coming through an SIV). They're also very fragile without much of an infrastructure here to keep them running which is a shame as they're brilliant hooligan-style fun.

I know most of the TVR owners around the Auckland area and hang out with the club on occasion, and have done for years. They generally let me tag along in my other British piece of shit when it's working.
'99 306 GTi6
'01 Exige S1

cammmy

I'd go for the 205 over the Golf any day. Although either one is cool.

^I would still get one in anyway. I'm determined to own one at some point. Or a Caterham R500/non-supercharged Levante (Supercharged would be the coolest thing in the world but they only made 8)
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

K-Bar

205 gti was bought out to beat the mk ii golf gti and it did but then vw bought out the mk ii 16valve and they were pretty similar.

i think the 205 gti is a better car than all of them in my opinion but id have to say i really like the mk i golf gti. very few around
C2 VTS
205 gti
Saxo VTS
AX GT

tastic

Well I've never driven any, but in looks alone it goes mk1 > 205 > mk2 for me.

btw the guy with the mk1 on tm bailed on me tonight so no goss.

you wont get parts for it mate

personal opinion but id rathr have a mk1 golf over mk1 205. definatly wank factor. same with the first of every car tho.

2052NV

Quote from: K-Bar on February 17, 2010, 09:16:31 PM
205 gti was bought out to beat the mk ii golf gti and it did but then vw bought out the mk ii 16valve and they were pretty similar.

i think the 205 gti is a better car than all of them in my opinion but id have to say i really like the mk i golf gti. very few around

yes but when you "put a mi in it" you will have even engines and i think the 205 would come out on top  :P

Quote from: tastic on February 17, 2010, 09:55:51 PM

btw the guy with the mk1 on tm bailed on me tonight so no goss.

= fate

Apex

I'd take the 1.9 205 GTI over a Golf GTI anyday's of the week, preferable a Saturday or Sunday as I would need to take time off if was during the week.

cammmy

'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

tastic

mk1 gti is RUSTY. Will make silly offer if he can get a wof, otherwise... yeahnah.

In other news..

coan! http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=272588066

Goat

2052NV

wont handle like a 205 but its certainly cool!  8)