• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

New member from Auckland

Started by greylux, February 21, 2010, 09:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greylux

hey all

i saw a sticker on a sweet looking 205 in the carpark at top gear this afternoon which led me here.

i dont actually own a french car, i own a toyota hilux which i have just got back on the road in december after cutting it all up and fabricating airbag suspension, please dont hold it agianst me....

i have been interested in peugeots for years, we imported a 306 GTI afew years ago and it was awesome, handled great, was great on gas and went pretty good also.

im 24, live in auckland and during the week im a consulting engineer.

im interested in finding about what the scene is like and learn a bit more about peugeots.

Cheers

Guy

Don Simon

You have come to the right place for French cars bud.

Welcome and feel free to ask anything

91 Peugeot 205 GTI MI-16
11 Ds3 Dsport HDI (Becky's)
97 Peugeot 306 Dturbo
1995 Citroen AX GT

Pug_girl

Goat

oh hello.

You think you'll own another frenchie?

greylux

Hey Guys

Yea i think i will, im interested in getting one, maybe a 106 or 306 pug, but we'll see.

its all about the moolah really, if/when i get bored of my other car ill definately be considering one.

an architect i know has a 106GTI which i might ask him if he's ever interested in selling it to come to me first.

Zealot

Quote from: greylux on February 21, 2010, 09:47:11 PM
im 24, live in auckland and during the week im a consulting engineer.

What sort of engineer?

2052NV

oooo another new member from my sicker! haha

Welcome mate. good to see you let your curiosity get the better of you!

106 GTI'S are sweet but hard to come by same with the GTI-6/S16'S really. But if your patient a nice one WILL come up and when it does buy it! haha very much a game of you snooze you loose with these cars.

also post some pics of your ute so we can laugh at it..... (jks  :P)

greylux

What sort of engineer?
[/quote]

we do mainly geotechnical, civil and structural, a little bit of mechanical if our clients what us to do it.

greylux

Quote from: 2052autobonnet on February 22, 2010, 07:52:36 PM
oooo another new member from my sicker! haha

Welcome mate. good to see you let your curiosity get the better of you!

106 GTI'S are sweet but hard to come by same with the GTI-6/S16'S really. But if your patient a nice one WILL come up and when it does buy it! haha very much a game of you snooze you loose with these cars.

also post some pics of your ute so we can laugh at it..... (jks  :P)

haha, your 205 looked so clean aye, almost made me go out and get one after seeing it...lol, i always liked them.

heres a little gif i made of my ute on the weekend.

just a bit fo fun aye, wanted a challenge with fabricating something.

i dont mind waitig to find a decent 106, if i find one and its meant to be then ill get it, if not, theres always next time.

greylux

also, wish i could get into the for sale section!

guess ill have to post afew more times..... (this post is prety much a fill in, hope thats ok)

CaM

5 more posts til you're allowed in there
choice
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

greylux

yep!

out of interest, how much do pug 106 gti's go for these days? in a round about way?

cheers

Guy

Reviled

It really depends, but I normally see them going for around the $6-$8k mark

Esprit

Quote from: greylux on February 23, 2010, 12:48:20 PM
yep!

out of interest, how much do pug 106 gti's go for these days? in a round about way?

cheers

Guy

Yeah 6-8k depending on condition... real crap ones maybe 4k?

Similar with GTi6s... rubbish ones around 4-5, good ones around 6-8. Mint ones 9-10.
'99 306 GTi6
'01 Exige S1

Zealot

Quote from: greylux on February 23, 2010, 10:08:45 AM

What sort of engineer?

we do mainly geotechnical, civil and structural, a little bit of mechanical if our clients what us to do it.

[/quote]

Geotechnical eh? Not Tonkin & Taylor or similar?

There's quite a bunch of engineers here now - Myself, V6Pete, Esprit... I think a few others also.