• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

New member from Nelson

Started by slowfrog, February 28, 2010, 12:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowfrog

Hi,

Im a relatively recent convert from Italian to French motoring.

Started 4 years ago when a crazy second hand car salesman offered way to much money for my aged Fiat Uno as a trade on an unloved green 106xr with 55k on it. Its been a great car( now with 110k on it) and only fault so far has been a dead ignition module and an appetite for front tyres!

After a couple of years, I bought a 206xt as well and have put 50k on that in 2 years with its only fault being an untracable overheating issue. Many have tried- all have failled, so I keep using it and it keeps going)

Last year, the bug got me completely and I swapped my 124 spider for a restored 1951 Renault 750 4CV ( Hence my name!) an dI havent looked back. Had a great trip (1000km) around the top of the sth island in it before xmas and loved it!

Pics on the way, as soon as I sort out how!

Griffe

That is fantastic, welcome along! 

Looking forward to the pics!
It's a workup

kevlights

congratulations always wanted  one of those Renos; french to italian and back again? i wonder how many of us do that? I.
'm guilty having, got rid of the Croma and bought  505 as soon as its tidied up,its  off ,to swap for a BX or 405;cheers Kev
note to self ;stop buying old Euro's and save up and buy a decent modern Euro! Xantia ?
  sold Xantia bought  a SD1 series 11 ,bugger !current ride a Smooth1995 900 s Saab.another 2000 Saab  93,1970 Maxi an BX GTI 1991,an CX 1986,also after lusting for local SZM