• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Just Another... Aucklander

Started by mwr, March 09, 2010, 09:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwr

Hi, I'm Matt. Recently relocated from Los Angeles to Auckland and have been trying to get acquainted with the local car scene.  It's been a long time since Renault, Peugeot or Citroen were imported into the states so it's been great to see them around here.

I don't even have a Frog car yet, but I'm looking for one which is how I found this site. I have a fast Yank, a sort of fast Luigi, and a not at all fast Olaf, and until recently had a very fast Kraut, but as soon as I get something Frog I'll post up some pics. Are there any Panhard owners here? I'd kill for a 24CT (pretty weird even among French cars).

Anyway nice to be here and see all the cool stuff.

you wont get parts for it mate

IzzyRally

Welcome our site and our country for that matter.  If you're missing food from the states try http://www.marthasbackyard.co.nz/ They have a good selection and are open to suggestions, My wife is from Ny and this place keeps her sane.

mwr

Thanks for the welcome, and for the tip on Martha's Backyard. We'll get over there and check it out.

Reviled

Quote from: IzzyRally on March 09, 2010, 09:49:25 PM
Welcome our site and our country for that matter.  If you're missing food from the states try http://www.marthasbackyard.co.nz/ They have a good selection and are open to suggestions, My wife is from Ny and this place keeps her sane.

Mate!! Wish I knew about this place before, but cheers for this!!

Im not from the US but have avid fond memories of their food - insert drool icon here  :D

k-trips

just put 2.25Litres of coke into a big cup and deep fry everything else - voila American food at its finest.
[]V[] []Ξ //-\\ []\[]
Quote from: CaMYou can't motorboat a surfboard

Carpentry

Hi there Matt

How does L.A. go then? I've heard it referred to as 'The Freak Kingdom' - Hunter S. Thompson Which sounds great! In any case, you may have stumbled upon the NZ equivalent. We're strange but nice and if you're patient enough to filter through the crap, you'll find little nuggets of valuable information contributed by our dedicated members.

Welcome

Joel

Take it to Bishops

mwr

Quote from: Carpentry on March 10, 2010, 01:35:43 PM
How does L.A. go then? I've heard it referred to as 'The Freak Kingdom' - Hunter S. Thompson Which sounds great! In any case, you may have stumbled upon the NZ equivalent. We're strange but nice and if you're patient enough to filter through the crap, you'll find little nuggets of valuable information contributed by our dedicated members.

Welcome

Joel

Thanks Joel, L.A. is pretty mad but fun. Too many people, too much traffic, too much media (a problem everywhere) but nice weather and no shortage of things to do. Great car scene too, but it looks like there's one here as well. From what I've seen so far, NZ has more car nuts per capita than just about anywhere.

On Americans drinking Coke, if anyone has heard of 7-Eleven (convenience store/superette sort of place) they are famous for the 'Big Gulp' giant drink cup, but years ago they had something called a Family Fun Gulp which was literally a plastic bucket with a lid and hole for a straw. Good times.

Don Simon

Welcome to the site hope you enjoy it here 8)
91 Peugeot 205 GTI MI-16
11 Ds3 Dsport HDI (Becky's)
97 Peugeot 306 Dturbo
1995 Citroen AX GT

pugMi

welcome. if you/izzy/reviled/anyone looking for a lush pizza check this place out

http://www.epolitospizzeria.co.nz/

dangermouse

Reviled

Quote from: dangermouse on March 11, 2010, 09:51:22 AM
Best pizza in Auckland = Sals

http://www.sals.co.nz/index.php

Goodness, I happen to be heading that way on my way home tonight  :o

Why do you tempt me with such lushness  :(  :D lolz

pugMi

must check that out. prices are better than epolitos. 18inch pizzas rule.

dangermouse

And they sell by the slice, if you don't think you're up for the girth of an 18 incher