• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

New here, currently a Axis owner

Started by JiB, March 29, 2010, 09:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JiB

Hi all,

I'm Jonathan, currently looking for a French hatch of some kind. Probably a '04 or '05 Clio Sport.

I currently own a BMW E30 325i track hack and a 1.8L Mazda MX5 G-Limited - both of which are for sale to make way for a more "sensible" hatchback. I have huge interest in Vehicle Dynamics, so this is what I do when I'm not studying or sleeping: www.fsae.co.nz

Various experiences in 205's and most recently a Gti-6 has brought me here (and reminded me that FWD's can be fun too!)

Lord Page

Welcome Jonathan, a Clio sport sounds like a capital idea.

Tally ho, Geoff
Derek's don't run.

Peugeot Ludix Blaster - Malossi 70cc
Peugeot 406 HDi SW
Peugeot 206 GTi SW

Carpentry

Hi Jonathan

I workmate of mine is selling his '07(?) Renaultsport Clio 172, could be what you're after. GTi-6's are hardcoan as, as are 205's.

Welcome to the Forum
Take it to Bishops

JiB

Quote from: Carpentry on March 29, 2010, 10:04:47 AM
Hi Jonathan

I workmate of mine is selling his '07(?) Renaultsport Clio 172, could be what you're after. GTi-6's are hardcoan as, as are 205's.

Welcome to the Forum

A '07 172? I thought the 182 replaced the 172 in '05? Can anyone shed light on information regarding the 172/182's? My search didn't really yield much useful information :(

The Gti6 is certainly unforgiving over potholes, but I wouldn't really call it hardcore? Or is hardcoan vocabulary I haven't learnt yet? :-\

At the moment purchasing another car without selling isn't an option as I only have garage space for two - ideally I'd find a Clio Sport owner that wants to go racing in the BMW series!

aerorobnz

There are plenty of RS Clios on Trade Me at the moment. There's a couple of 172s a 182 & a 197 on there at the moment.

Basically theres
Mk1 172       00-01
Mk2 172       01-02 No traction control (Imported ex Singapore)
Mk2 172       03-04 With Traction control
Mk2 172 Cup 03-04 (not in NZ - No ABS and revised suspension/lightweight)
      182       04-06 (also available with Cup chassis/wheels etc)
182 Cup       05-06 (Cup Chassis & Lighter weight lower spec - not officially in NZ)
182 Trophy   05-06 (not officially in NZ - though I believe there is one down Wellington way)
197             07-08
197 Cup       08-09 (not imported officially I believe)
200             09-00
200 Cup       09-00

I love the Renaultsport Clio handling dynamics it never fails to impress - and they're relatively unknown in NZ. It hauls in any gear 1-4 and 5th flies upward of 150kph. It's brilliant on gas even when you fang it hard. The brakes saved me from losing my license this morning on the way to work this morning. They are properly powerful and feel great.
You could search all your life for who you are, or you could accept the simple truth:You are what you drive - said by Porsche, but I'd rather be a Renaultsport...

Lord Page

Quote from: JiB on March 29, 2010, 10:19:04 AM
Quote from: Carpentry on March 29, 2010, 10:04:47 AM
Hi Jonathan

Welcome to the Forum

A '07 172? I thought the 182 replaced the 172 in '05? Can anyone shed light on information regarding the 172/182's? My search didn't really yield much useful information :(

The Gti6 is certainly unforgiving over potholes, but I wouldn't really call it hardcore? Or is hardcoan vocabulary I haven't learnt yet? :-\

Yeah, I thought it was even earlier than that, maybe 03?

Hardcoan means mean (maybe)

you'll get the hang of fastfrogs parley, or not, either way 'tis fun
Derek's don't run.

Peugeot Ludix Blaster - Malossi 70cc
Peugeot 406 HDi SW
Peugeot 206 GTi SW

aerorobnz

You could search all your life for who you are, or you could accept the simple truth:You are what you drive - said by Porsche, but I'd rather be a Renaultsport...

pugMi

Quote from: Lord Page on March 29, 2010, 10:50:00 AM

Hardcoan means mean (maybe)

hardcoan hardcoans hardcoan :D

sorry. welcome. good luck in your search

Zealot

What're you doing outside the workshop Charlie? ;) I do approve of your choice of vehicles however.

[Btw, dave is a member here also]

dave

Cheers guys.

Quote from: Zealot on March 29, 2010, 07:59:38 PM
What're you doing outside the workshop Charlie? ;) I do approve of your choice of vehicles however.

[Btw, dave is a member here also]

I know....I offered him money for his car  :-X

JiB

^ Haha, dave was logged in. Sorry.

BigPete

Zealot

Oh? Is Dave gonna let you near his precious? :P

Just don't do a shamoo to it.

JiB

Haha, Jeffrey, Shamoo was a rental. There's nothing faster than a rental!

Yeah, a slight difference in my offer and his asking price is keeping me away from 6 speed goodness.  :P

Zealot

Regardless, what you did to the poor beast was still obscene :p Sorry to hear you're selling the green caged monster, I've yet to get a ride in it D: Will have to pop out to the workshop in the near future and say hey.