• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hi there

Started by CBJ, May 08, 2010, 09:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CBJ

Hello frog drivers...

I drive a kraut car, however I would like to read your forum and learn your secrets. To do so I must introduce myself...

In an effort to be more frog friendly, I will post a picture of my car which includes french machinery.

Thanks!

Goat

2052NV

hello.

What is your car i dont recognise it?? Opel??

BigPete

Thought it was an EP82 Starlet at first glance, but I think it's one of those original Pontiac LeMans/Daewoo Cielo things.

zephyrheaven

I wanted to resist saying it looks like a Holden Barina from the early 90's - but couldnt

???

pugMi

Quote from: D8Pete on May 09, 2010, 05:55:43 PM
but I think it's one of those original Pontiac LeMans/Daewoo Cielo things.

everyones had a go at making those things. im assuming its an opel kadett?

red16v

LOL at Apex being behind two 20 year old shitters. Mustve bin all "Im gonna spend $3246475686798560780.45 upgrading my brakes and diff and wayyyste those guys next time...in my missus' car"
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

BigPete

Yeah but na but yeah but four seconds later...

:D

CBJ

It is an Opel Kadett (E) GSi

Know your enemy my frog loving friends. This was the direct competitor of the 205 in the race for hot hatch supremacy in the 80's.

They are very rare in NZ (only 10 or so left). This is unfortunately the baby 1.8 8v variant, which is just shy of 120hp. The big brother of this one carried an C20XE and produced 150hp.

These saw much success in the BTCC, as well as attaining ultimate cult status by winning the Stannic Group N championship in South Africa 3 years running (and crushing many e30's in the process)

Be not confused by it's Ponitac/Daewoo likeness. The Kadett was the originator. When the Kadett went out of production, the plant was sold to the Korean's who blessed us with the Ponitac LeMons and the Daewoo Clio.

Carpentry

Hey man

I noticed it has a massive Renault 5 spec gearstick. I loled

There was once a dude on here who had a Vectra GT, went pretty quick.

Also, welcome!
Take it to Bishops

Lord Page

Anyone with a digital dash is ok by me, welcome!
Derek's don't run.

Peugeot Ludix Blaster - Malossi 70cc
Peugeot 406 HDi SW
Peugeot 206 GTi SW

zephyrheaven

I enjoy your black numberplates

CBJ

Quote from: zephyrheaven on May 13, 2010, 08:47:06 PM
I enjoy your black numberplates

I also enjoy, and embrace them every night.

Be not afraid. You are not being a complete ingenerate by comparing it to the Holden Barina. The Barina was built by Opel, and it's true name is the Corsa. The Kadett is esstentially the 'big brother'

cams16v

Hi there and welcome.

I noticed there was a Opel Kadett GTE 16v on trademe last week with the cossie engine, very cool!

Reviled

Welcome to Fastfrogs mate  8)