• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

An Interloper, now with added Peugeot.

Started by PhilMk1, May 13, 2010, 02:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilMk1

Hi guys

I'd love to say that I own a 205 Gti or a 106 Rallye or the like but atm I don't actually own a French car, I'm just looking for help finding a few bits to help fix a friends 205 Gti.

Phil

Carpentry

Hi Phil, and welcome

What're you after?
Take it to Bishops

Reviled

Gday mate, what exactly are ya after?

PhilMk1

Gidday guys, I posted a quick WTB in the parts wanted section but to begin with I'm just looking for a drivers seat rail.

PhilMk1

Well I suppose I'm not an interloper here any more. I just bought a 97 106 Gti. I'm still uncertain as to whether this was a good idea :p.

Lord Page

That is an extremely good idea!
Derek's don't run.

Peugeot Ludix Blaster - Malossi 70cc
Peugeot 406 HDi SW
Peugeot 206 GTi SW

2052NV

Quote from: PhilMk1 on November 27, 2010, 05:30:50 PM
Well I suppose I'm not an interloper here any more. I just bought a 97 106 Gti. I'm still uncertain as to whether this was a good idea :p.

Marone one from glen at conties?? if so jealous thats a mint car!

PhilMk1

Quote from: 2052NV on November 27, 2010, 07:16:41 PM
Quote from: PhilMk1 on November 27, 2010, 05:30:50 PM

Marone one from glen at conties?? if so jealous thats a mint car!

It was indeed bought via Glen. It looks pretty damn tidy but it's my first foray into the world of French machinery and I'm not totally sure what to expect. Fun little car so far though, I'd be keen to come by an Auckland meet sometime and say Hi.

Oh yea, grabbed a couple of pics of the beast itself.

2052NV

that car is mint. good place to start in french car ownership!

pugMi

good score. thats a sweet car
is the S16 a jap spec GTi a bit like 306s?
anyway, very noice and welcome

Pee Dubbaya

I would say the S16 badges and Rallye stickers (bonnet) have been added. Other than that it looks pretty tidy. Can I ask what it set you back?
p.s. find some twisty roads and I'll bet you'll reckon it was best purchase EVER!
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0

PhilMk1

Yea, the car is actually a Gti, it's just sporting S16 badges. Perhaps the last owner liked S16 more.

Quote from: Renick on November 29, 2010, 05:33:37 PM
I would say the S16 badges and Rallye stickers (bonnet) have been added. Other than that it looks pretty tidy. Can I ask what it set you back?
p.s. find some twisty roads and I'll bet you'll reckon it was best purchase EVER!

What's the market value of these just out of curiousity? I've barely seen any for sale, a gold one on TM about a year ago and the high miles blue one on TM sold for $5,650.

gtistee

the gold one with 151k on the clock was 6.5k (bought by me)
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

PhilMk1

Hi again guys, just thought I might do a bit of grave digging to show some pics of the current state of my 106. I found some Cyclones after some searching, fixed up the curbing and painted em up. It's sitting a little lower now also, Eibach springs and some Bilsteins.

I'm not fully sure why my mates camera is on hipster mode but yea. Pic was taken in the natural habitat of the Gti, winding roads...

awatt

Current steed: '07 Citroen C4 HDi