• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hello, new BX16V owver

Started by Ade, August 27, 2010, 03:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaM

probably keen on cap and rotor if ade isn't, zealot. How old is 'near new'?

also I haven't had much joy putting any real time aside to find a belt or anything this week. Will try tomorrow.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Zealot

It's the one I got off mini a while ago - I think I'd already ordered one from GSF but it was delayed so I got it anyway. He said it was off his dad's car and had been replaced recentlyish.

Put it this way, it looks in pretty good nick. I'd feel happy putting it on my rebuilt engine.

red16v

i got a JVC unit-ipod and bluetooth, came with all the wires and mics, for $380 delivered, probably cheaper now. Wired ipod into trans tunnel cover, mic into
A-pillar. Also have 2channel amp under passenger seat for front splits, and hidden 4 channel running the rear 6x9s and flat sub. Only issue is all the fecking wires in the back of the dash-not much room down there!

Also, while heater apart-lube EVERYTHING. Mine just imploded, all the control wires need to go back on, yay.

I got a set of leads off Adlams for $170-thought that was expensive. Any auto-sparky worth his salt should be able to whip up a set, its the deep reach points that are the only issue, but lots of cars do have em.

That dizzy price is ludicrous, who you using? If its citroen, go nuts at the guy, tell him you will use the web instead. CLowns.

Also, was at Adlams today, hes quite keen to rebuild his white P2 valver. I want. Will have to wait till Dusty gets sick of his, ie never. Was thinking of trying to a valver in as many flavours as possible ;D

Shop around, you will find better somewhere.
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

Ade

Thanks for the offer zealot but I'll probably bring one in from the UK along with a bunch of other stuff.

Ha Ha, yeah those heater control cables and their little fecking retaining clips are a real good joke Mr Citroen. Man I laughed and laughed when I had to refit them on my other BX.

red16v

my dad did them-i changed the ABSOLUTE BASTARD of a heater matrix/heater taps, so fair swap- but they mustve come adrift. So once again i have 'one more thing' to fix on my 'completely restored' valver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

you wont get parts for it mate

give lead set to bnt or rip off co and they will match make up a set quite easily. repco made a set for my mini.

Zealot

I got a set from the UK cheaper than it would cost from BNT and another place I tried in Auckland.

Ade

I actually found it SLIGHTLY easier to attach the heater cable at the control end first, then attach it at the heater valve end second. There's not much room to work, and involves removing steering column surround etc to gain access.

CaM

some joker from a bnt down south just rang looking for some bits so i pinned him down and got him to look at mi16 stuff

they retail the belt for $35.92+gst
tensioners are $114.77 each +gst.
water pump is $126+ gst for the most expensive of two options. I didn't think there was two options, but there you go.....

I'll check with the joker I deal with in lower hutt here and see what I can do for a bit of a deal. buying two sets of everything may work out quite a lot cheaper. I know straight off the bat that i'll get a bit off those prices anyways.

1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

cammmy

EML do the waterpump for $75. Terry gave it his seal of approval too.
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

Ade

OK, next question - does anyone know if heater hoses are available? One of the heater valve pipes that go through the firewall was broken on mine, so the dumb buggers cut the heater hoses so a straight piece of pipe could be inserted to bypass the heater valve. Now that I've replaced the heater valve I need to source some new hoses. I could bodge it by using some 20mm preformed 90 degree stainless bends with straight hose between. I have seen the guys in the UK making up whole sets of new silicone hoses on bx16valve.co.uk, but these are 260 quid!

cams16v

Adlams had aftermarket Ignition leads $137.38 Cap $96.95 Rotor $56.13
Otherwise there are some on ebay uk now and again around half that price if ya get lucky.
Check if they have heater valve pipe as well (Adlams)
I dont think Baker BM are breaking the hoses up, but I can check for ya.

Carpentry

http://www.fastfrogs.co.nz/index.php/topic,5437.0.html

you might not be able to see that until you get 10 posts but it's a bunch of people group-buying silicone hose sets from BakerBM
Take it to Bishops

Ade

Ade