• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hello from 09

Started by lector, August 30, 2010, 05:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lector

Hi all, just thought I share my story about the enthusiasm of owning a '88 205 1.9L GTi Pug. This was my first car way back from 2002ish when I just started saving money for no other car, but my current GTi. Here is the thing; this was my first vehicle and when I bought it I didn't even have my restricted license!  ;D So it took a couple of months of learning to drive a stick and eventually I got there... boy was it worth it. The moment I had my restricted sorted, I took the car everywhere and offered to ride just about anyone (with a full license of minimum two years of course ;D) The car was stock, and evertime something broke, I made sure I fix it. Fast forward to a few years later, and I started my uni course. This meant no full time income and the car slowly became my second thought as I was constantly broke (thanks to the idiotic public transport in Auckland, and atrocious prices they charge). Out of uni now, but still no full time work means that my sad little Pug is always on life support, and whenever something needs doing (like always now) I'm reluctant to part with my money. I wanted to sell it on TradeMe, but so many times I had a look at it, and thought it would be purchased by some knob with no interest in keeping my dream car alive, but as a shopping cart or worse, a joyless A to B commuter. This is the reason why I joined this place, and it is to see whether someone is interested in buying my car and keepin it for a really cool resto project or even as an event car.

Anyway I'll post some show off pictures when I get around to my camera, but please let me know if anyone here is interested.

Adam

2052NV

red16v

do it matey, we are all fans.

There are no rules really on this site-look in the fast bin for fucks sake!
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

Goat

Welcome bud,

You'll have to get used to the high levels of eccentricity on this site.

Theres alot of information on here, so feel free to ask anything.

Sweet

lector

Awesome, thanks for the support. I will post some pictures in the other thread once I nicely clean the car, and the weather is less shit.

Goat

pugMi

hello. welcomings. just keep the car. that way you will instantly be a fully fledged fastfrog....i.e. you have at least one french car in a state of disrepair cluttering up your property and shitting off the neighbours

lector

Quote from: pugMi on August 31, 2010, 09:23:00 PM
hello. welcomings. just keep the car. that way you will instantly be a fully fledged fastfrog....i.e. you have at least one french car in a state of disrepair cluttering up your property and shitting off the neighbours
Haha, yeah man try owning a Pug, an Alfa 33 and a Yugo at the same time and see how much your neighbours love you. At least I always have a nice looking flower vases for the yard.

Nah, I do want to sell it because I'm moving overseas - sucks because I just bought another car (and its German...  :-[)

CaM

pics of yugo please!

I saw a yugo 45 in marton last weekend. I almost crashed, i was so excited. they're so sweet.
my parents and my girlfriend all facepalmed in unison at me. lol
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

lector

Quote from: CaM on September 01, 2010, 10:24:27 AM
pics of yugo please!

I saw a yugo 45 in marton last weekend. I almost crashed, i was so excited. they're so sweet.
my parents and my girlfriend all facepalmed in unison at me. lol

It was my bro's who handed it down to me (lucky me!) a while back. He left for UK and I somehow managed to sell it to a guy which needed it to get to a date that night. Funny thing was (apart from getting a date in a Yugo) was that he test drove it, and liked it and we went inside to fill ownership forms. So the papers are done, he gives me the cash and he's about to go when all of the sudden the car won't start! Tries it again, nothing. And again... nothing... as he really wanted the car that day we put it in neutral and I watched him roll down my driveway and start the engine. Never saw that fridge ever again...

As for the Alfa 33 Ti, that thing was actually worse than Yugo and Peugeot combined. Like a supreme machine of shitness, forged by underpaid peasants with mustaches. Too bad I loved the engine, and it drove like stink. Anyway, I took some photos today and I'll post them up as soon as I get around uploading them.

CaM

maaate

haha, alfa 33s are pretty sweet. they do make pugs look well built though.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Goat

Quote from: lector on September 01, 2010, 06:29:31 PM
Like a supreme machine of shitness, forged by underpaid peasants with mustaches.

I loled.

Carpentry

Take it to Bishops

Lord Page

Nice one bro - keep posting, I think once you get to 10 posts you get access to the whole forum
Derek's don't run.

Peugeot Ludix Blaster - Malossi 70cc
Peugeot 406 HDi SW
Peugeot 206 GTi SW