• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hi

Started by ZXrob, October 01, 2010, 07:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZXrob

Hi all

I found this forum through a post a guy put on a thread on retro-rides and thought id check it out.

I am originally from England and now live in germany. I have a citroen ZX Volcane Turbo D which is absolutely awesome. Im pretty new to the whole french thing having owned VW's for years but really have enjoyed driving my zx.

Rob

CaM

welcome!

i was that guy that posted.

not sure what beam your car will have. if it's the cool 306 one then jsut lower it and add some 'good' dampers.

h&r springs are a popular choice up front.

have you done much 'tuning' to the engine? always wanted to mess around with a turbo diesel
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

ZXrob

Alright mate really freindly site here some great info. Ive only done the usual tweak of the pump and turbo. I have only tweaked a little bit not gone all out just yet going to do a bit more when i get it into the workshop again. Then it will be exhaust and slightly larger intercooler. I think on the ZX it will be easier to fit a front mount a bit more stealth than on the 306 as there is shed loads of space behind the front bumper

CaM

awesome!

keep us posted with progress.

we're an eclectic bunch around here. lots of crap spoken, but we're a great bunch
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

you wont get parts for it mate

jeleous. i had a petrol one just like yours. best car ive owned. wish i had another actually. welcome. where abouts in old blighty you from?

kevlights

Welcome to you     , the ZX Turbo Volcane  diesel is a great sleeper,rocket ship ,grossly under valued here, mine was a dog and worn out but twas fun when  you put the boot to it, the roar from the turbo at passing speeds ,used to freck me out, until i realized the bearing were rattling rather than spinnihg.
      Still was an exellent sledge until i got sick of being beaned on the back of the head by the hatch door ,,, Im 6 ft
    Welcome to the site ,as above a lot of crocking going on buy still lots of GCssssss and vaulable info, to be found

the brake rotors need a eye kept on, the as does the dodgy design of the handbrake lever on the back caliphers
note to self ;stop buying old Euro's and save up and buy a decent modern Euro! Xantia ?
  sold Xantia bought  a SD1 series 11 ,bugger !current ride a Smooth1995 900 s Saab.another 2000 Saab  93,1970 Maxi an BX GTI 1991,an CX 1986,also after lusting for local SZM

ZXrob

They are very underated cars. I am from near preston in lancashire originally now live in cologne germany. Took the volcane round the nurburgring yesterday managed a 17min 42sec time which aint bad considering I have no track experience at all and its the most challenging track going!

2052NV

Quote from: ZXrob on October 03, 2010, 01:45:00 AM
They are very underated cars. I am from near preston in lancashire originally now live in cologne germany. Took the volcane round the nurburgring yesterday managed a 17min 42sec time which aint bad considering I have no track experience at all and its the most challenging track going!

hate you! one of my all time dream things to do is drive the ring! it will happen one day!

ZXrob

Hahaha its only about 45 mins from were I live and I work at a garage which is 0.5km from the entrance and i had an hour spare!

Pee Dubbaya

Quote from: ZXrob on October 03, 2010, 10:02:48 PM
Hahaha its only about 45 mins from were I live and I work at a garage which is 0.5km from the entrance and i had an hour spare!

Fastcamp 2011?!?
Welcome along Rob, we are getting quite the international following these days!
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0

ZXrob

What is fastcamp?

Its good to be welcome on your forum even though i am not from NZ. I am getting lots of useful info off here so expect updates on the volcane soon! Once ive actually done some stuff ill make a project thread.

cammmy

Just put up a thread anyway with some pics that we can perv at ;D
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

ZXrob

If you did want to organise something where you came over to the ring I can help as I work at a race car rental place and we arrange trips over here for people from all over the world.

Heres a link www.rsrnurburg.com

cammmy

trololololololololol
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.