• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hi there

Started by otherstew, November 08, 2010, 11:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

otherstew

I'm Stu, originally from Zimbabwe (or Germany if you go a generation or two back) but now in Christchurch and trying to become an electrical engineer.
I play with cars sometimes, recently emerging from the simple easy world of Toyota starlets with their spacious engine bays, and k-series engines to begin my foray into the French!

My particular poison at the moment is the 205GTI. I have one. She needs love. And hugs. And cuddles. And all sorts of other attention. The plan is to make her all healthy and pretty again over the summer.
I've already armed myself with a shiny new set of Torx Keys and put the plan into action by fitting a new drivers door, slaying a whole bunch electrical gremlins, and shelling out for a new windscreen in my quest for a WOF sticker. I didn't quite get it because of some steering/suspension problems but I kinda saw them coming. So it continues!
Incidentally if anyone knows where to get a second hand non-leaky front shock/good drivers side tophat thingy I'd be much obliged.

2052NV

wow heaps of new ppl in chch and all 205 owners (think the 205 will take the forum back from the bx's!). I think one of the other new people is also looking for a new shock? maybe get in cahoot's with him and you guys may be able to find a pair?

Also post some pictures of your beast!

otherstew

Photos to come.
Just waiting on a pair of tie rod ends (tomorrow) and a drivers side strut (tomorrow hopefully), which I will promptly affix to the appropriate locations on the car and remove her from the tiny garage where she lives at the moment for a photo shoot.

CaM

awesome! welcome along
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Bennny

Yep Luckily I bought a torx set
couple of weeks before I got my pug.
Maybe for saw her arrival in a dream who knows,
any way good on ya for joinin' up.

otherstew

che guys. Photos now.

So far I've affixed some spotlights. Also found a door that's the right colour and replaced the drivers side strut.
Next on the menu cambelt/water pump and sort out noisy tappets.

2052NV

is that a purple door?

otherstew

Yeah... not anymore though.