• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hi guys!

Started by ripper, November 11, 2010, 08:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ripper

Hi!
I just arrived in NZ and originally I wanted -as proper tourist- a campervan. Well they were way too expensive, usually in bad condition and I had the funny feeling I will need something else although I was kinda stationary up in Auckland and haven´t seen anything of the countryside and the roads at that point of time. Well I happened to have had more than good experience with Peugeot and especially the 205 in it´s place of origin. Especially the windy roads in southern France and the -northern- alps. I looked for the GTIs but them who have a good one won´t sell it and the other ones are raced to the ground. I then found a 205 with the 1.4 litre engine in perfect condition and only 100tkm. I figured there was a lot of juice left in that car, bought it, ripped all but the driver´s seat out, installed some plywood as plane bedding so I could stretch out, added another horsepower in stereo, a little inverter for 230 Volts and some means of getting food warm and voila had the fastest bed I ever had. Although the engine has merely over 60 horse and does get somewhat lame on steep grades, the drama the little 4 produces is just great fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLHVumJjn_I

After having crossed the north island and finally arrived in Greymouth -on the way overtaken more than one of these amazingly slow regular campervans- , I can say, that I couldn´t have made a better choice. Although enjoying the show quite regularly, still cheap on gas.
After gotten a job, I needed means of transporting my second hobby. Having seen this kind of bike rack in France (not on a 205 though) I spend one day downstairs and now I just love him. I am not overly interested in adding bling stuff, because for me a car needs to look shabby so it doesn´t get stolen or broken in. The technics may be first grade though and I hope to find some more horsepowers hidden somewhere under the bonnet...
Funny enough I finally found that site and wanted to join (I hope I will be let in although it´s no GTI yet) and I DO NEED to have one of these fastfrogs.co.nz things in my window.
Cheers Michel

k-trips

Love the camera angle and sound... totally choice!!!

Welcome man
[]V[] []Ξ //-\\ []\[]
Quote from: CaMYou can't motorboat a surfboard

Biff Tannen

dude that is awesome welcome welcome welome
Slogan: "Vous êtes mon soulmate".
Picture: Biff up to his balls in Pugmi!

Reviled

:o Dude - You're the man!!

I really badly want to see some pics of the interior eh!! Sounds so awesome!

cammmy

'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

2052NV

wow what an awesome story! Will be cool to have you on the forum. also what do you do for a job??

BigPete

Fantastic introduction and love the bike holster. Come to one of our meets one day.

ripper

Well don´t expect too much from the interior. If it´s good lookin, I would probably consider it too heavy which may not happen due to not restricted amount of power ;)
I gonna give you an idea soon. I am working as heavy diesel mechanic for Caterpillar.
Diggers are cool men´s toys, but way too slow. And so is a stock 205 GR  ;D

Meeting sounds great

Bennny

Brilliant!

Just gotta make amphibious now and you'll have a pretty sweet houseboat.
I'm keen to give you a hand.
Welcome to FF.

Reviled

Quote from: ripper on November 12, 2010, 11:32:28 PM
Well don´t expect too much from the interior. If it´s good lookin, I would probably consider it too heavy which may not happen due to not restricted amount of power ;)
I gonna give you an idea soon. I am working as heavy diesel mechanic for Caterpillar.

Meeting sounds great

Dude I dont care what it looks like, I just want to see it!!

Pics plz now!! lol

you wont get parts for it mate

Quote from: ripper on November 12, 2010, 11:32:28 PM
I am working as heavy diesel mechanic for Caterpillar.

Meeting sounds great
bet all the drivers crack up when the see you fanging around the quarry in that thing. ;D

CaM

this thing rules me so much
welcome along bud.

sweet bike too

pics of GR towing a d10 out of the mud plz.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

pugMi

love the grubby liitle car. sounds choice
welcome welcome welcome

IzzyRally

Welcome welcome welcome. I Love GR's, Giz a hoon on your trials bike

kthxbai