• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

I came back and bought another...

Started by ninjamaster, November 27, 2010, 11:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninjamaster

Hi everyone,

Well after being back in the country for 6 weeks, after 8 years away, I couldn't resist and bought (another) ph2 309GTi with an Mi16 transplant. I used to race a GTi6 which I sold before coming back to NZ so needed another project for a few events and perhaps even a Targa or two. Some of you might have seen the car for sale on TradeMe for a while. Anyway, needs heaps of work (no offence intended to previous owner!) and have already started down the path of ordering parts, rectifying small issues and pulling out unnecessary items. I will have a few bits up for sale through the process (including full set of GTi180 seats) so will post them on the site soon.

I have another ph2 309 GTi as well which might end up either as a donor car or a minter with all the good bits from both. We'll see.
[img]TOSC_0068.jpg/img]

Slaters

ninjamaster

Ok hopefully the image works this time! My Gti6 at Wakefield Park in Aus.

ninjamaster

And another of the GTi6 and one of the recent purchase...

CaM

welcome! I heard you live across the road almost, from one of our members. I think you'll know the house I mean lol

1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

ninjamaster

Haha I sure do! Been keeping my eye out for spare bits! The 309 belonged to a member too as can be seen if you look carefully in the picture.

you wont get parts for it mate

no offence taken! :P glad to see you got down in one piece. looking forward to seeing what someone with more money can do with the beast.

2052NV

COOOL. GOOD TO HEAR OF THE SALE. and to a GC that's awesome. You must start a project thread and keep us updated!

cammmy

Glad to hear this was purchased by an enthusiest and kept in the FF family
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

ninjamaster

Quote from: you wont get parts for it mate on November 28, 2010, 02:43:36 PM
no offence taken! :P glad to see you got down in one piece. looking forward to seeing what someone with more money can do with the beast.

More money!!?? :'( Haha I wish, hopefully the 10 years working for Peugeot and collecting useless parts and information will help more!!

It took about 2 years and 30k, to build the GTi6, and I did all the work!!. This one will be a more gradual process! Hopefully will end up with a reliable 180-190hp on throttle bodies and weight of around 800kg.

I'm impressed with the difference the 307 283mm brakes makes. Definitely need to stiffen up the rear and get an LSD in there soon as the stiffer front suspension tends to make inside wheel lose traction more easily under power in turns.

Did I mention I am thinking of turning her white...only because back in the day I used to work on a customers white 5 door GTi which got me a bit hooked!!

Lord Page

^ you do what you like bro, no one gonna judge you anything but good (as in good cunt)
Derek's don't run.

Peugeot Ludix Blaster - Malossi 70cc
Peugeot 406 HDi SW
Peugeot 206 GTi SW

CaM

sounds choice

also tell me about where these mi16s are/i've already got one.

come along to our next meet if we have one, or come to joe's across the road for a conference about the mould growing on the doorcards of the 205gr. :D
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

cammmy

Quote from: CaM on November 29, 2010, 07:25:23 AM
or come to joe's across the road for a conference about the mould growing on the doorcards of the 205gr. :D

Who's going to chair that one/ill do it if you get me a gavil
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

Puglet

Good to see it went to a good home.
Regarding the 180 seats, howmuch would you be after? Also if you are stripping the other 309 Gti i'd be intrested in the front wishbones and maybe the oil pressure warning light sender (if it's not leaking?)
Cheers Adam

ninjamaster

Quote from: Puglet on November 29, 2010, 09:17:00 AM
Regarding the 180 seats, howmuch would you be after? Also if you are stripping the other 309 Gti i'd be intrested in the front wishbones and maybe the oil pressure warning light sender (if it's not leaking?)

180 seats are on Trademe. I'll let you know if I end up with spare wishbones or oil pressure sender.

pugMi

welcome and congratuylate on teh purchase
looking forward to seeing the progress on this
also white is the best colour for 90s pugs
kthxbai