• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Howdy from Auckland with a clio 172

Started by Parabolika172, December 15, 2010, 07:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parabolika172

Good Evening People,

Robs the name. Im in Auckland NZ and have a 2001 Renault Clio 172. Have not seen many other clios about at all or Frenchies in general so hoping to meet some other fans of the renaultsport brand. Doing Alot of trackdays at the moment so maybe I will run into some of you soon. btw the wheels on my car are now black... corporate racing colours etc etc...

Understeer: when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer: when you hit the wall with the back of the car.
Horsepower: how fast you hit the wall.
Torque: how far you take the wall with you.

cammmy

Welcome buddy. There are some fellow Clio fans on here (In Auckland even) for you to have yarn with.
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

you wont get parts for it mate

think ive seen tghat car out east? welcome!

2052NV

mean car man. haven't seen that spoiler b4 on a clio.

we should have some meets soon now the weather is legit! probably early next year. would be mean to go for a hoon with you car.

Parabolika172

Cheers fellas!
Yea I have only seen 2 other cliosports in auckland so far and the owners were old and didnt wave back : P
The rear spoiler was an option in the clios. Not very popular apparently and the guys on cliosport hate it. Im a little meh over it because getting a cup or trophy spoiler from the uk is just silly expensive.

Would be keen for a meet somewhere. We have a bunch of Lotus' that we race and rally and just finished building a 71 Alfa GTA replica so been in the motoring scene for a looooooong time. Love the Clio though. I love giving it some boot up the on ramps, surprises alot of people!
The car is currently standard apart from a 2 1/2" exhaust right through that i recently had done. As usual the french factory exhaust fell to pieces after a hard run.
Planning on some Eibach Proline springs and half cage shortly.

And yep you may have seen me. Im in Botany.

cammmy

pics of all afformentioned Lotus' and Alfa's plz
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

aerorobnz

Quote from: Melvin McPhucknuckle on December 15, 2010, 07:46:33 PM
Welcome buddy. There are some fellow Clio fans on here (In Auckland even) for you to have yarn with.
Even other 172 owners/fans in Auckland called Rob as well...;-)

I've seen a yellow Mk1 parked in the viaduct... is it yours??
You could search all your life for who you are, or you could accept the simple truth:You are what you drive - said by Porsche, but I'd rather be a Renaultsport...

Parabolika172

Viaduct? no have not been there in ages im afraid. Another sunflower yellow 172 about? exciting : )
Pics of Lotus Elite, Elan 26r, Alfa Romeo 1300gt Junior/GTA replica after muddy day sprinting as requested!

cammmy

'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S

Carpentry

Take it to Bishops

Bennny

Lord Page

Welcome bro, looks like you've got a sweet car.  You really should let me drive it sometime...
Derek's don't run.

Peugeot Ludix Blaster - Malossi 70cc
Peugeot 406 HDi SW
Peugeot 206 GTi SW