• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hi There, Newbie Here cool site :~) Question Pls?

Started by Girlwithpug, February 16, 2011, 08:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girlwithpug

Hi My Name is Brezze like the wind but spelt different .
So far I have meet a couple of pug owners and they have been awesome since I bought the car.    Sadly the AA lemon check didnt pick on all the faults and I have replaced a lot of parts since.  Running sweet now with a new clutch and new cable , engine mount , some rear brakes and a spring and shock oh and some new tyres.
Sorry dont have a pic yet got a 1991 205 Gt pug its a rough matt black paint job with the red coming through from underneath and not to forget the chalk flames on  the side,(makes it go faster) Teehehe .  Its my first car I have owned and mum didnt buy it haha.
This is a bit embarrassing,  I'm going for my restricted need to know what are all the symbols are on the dash mean please? One of the lights lights up its right next to the oil can in between the speed odometer and the oil can symbol. Its round with a circle in the middle and a broken circle around the out side ? What does this mean please ? Also the light on the other side please?
 Thank You in advance.
Love my pug
Todays Safety Tip - When on a ladder dont step back to admire your work

2052NV

Brake pad warning light maybe?

also we need pictures of your car on the internet  :D

Girlwithpug

:) Thank You So much for that . Very helpful. I got a bit to study and by the looks of things and needs some  new brake pads . Spot on it does look like 19 in the pic.
Cheers for all your help.
I will get a pic up soon :D although my car doesn't look as cool as many on here . 

BigPete

If the pads are sweet but the light keeps coming on, just unplug the wires.

Girlwithpug

Cheers Big Pete will look into it. I notice the other day the lion symbol on the centre on one of the wheel is missing. Would that need replacing? Sorry Green horn here . 

Goat

Cool. Another haggard 205. Pics please!

Where are you based?

cammmy

Welcome to the forum!

205 GT would be an awesome first car!
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

Reviled

CaM

welcome along!
and yeah, pop the wheels off and check pads.
while you're there take pics of your car and make a thread in the projects section.
choice!

matte black 205 would be so sweet.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

far4ngn

Welcome along and dont' worry about the silly questions...it's the only way to learn :)
1986 Phase1 Renault 5 GTT Electric Blue CBW359
1990 UK Spec 205 GTI 1.9 Red GDQ361

1 PUG GTI

I am now on my 15th 205 gti and love it!!

Current rides

2005 Renault clio 182 cup in FRB
1993 Peugeot 205 gti 1.9 in Miami blue
1990 Renault 5 GT Turbo in Red
2008 Mitsi Triton dual cab glx-r in Cyber blue

Jesus

lets see this Pug :)

If your lucky enough to be in CHC I have some gti pads that might have some life left in them... assuming your brakes are the same and I can find them.
Lifes hard, Its harder when your stupid.

grenouilles rapides

Don Simon

Hi bring it round to my work at dr diesel and I can have a quick squiz. Sure I have spoke to you before
91 Peugeot 205 GTI MI-16
11 Ds3 Dsport HDI (Becky's)
97 Peugeot 306 Dturbo
1995 Citroen AX GT

2052NV

Quote from: Girlwithpug on February 16, 2011, 10:27:05 PM
I notice the other day the lion symbol on the centre on one of the wheel is missing. Would that need replacing? Sorry Green horn here . 

its only there to make the wheel look nice. so up to you

Girlwithpug

Quote from: Goat on February 17, 2011, 07:42:33 AM
Cool. Another haggard 205. Pics please!

Where are you based?
Hi There , I will get some pics today of the project.
We in Orakei Auckland  :)