• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Espace owner

Started by rogan, April 21, 2011, 09:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogan

Stumbled across a mention to this site on bimmersport, not that I'm a very active member over there.

Had to buy a people carrier last year and after a bit of hunting, picked up a NZ New Espace IV. Bought it on space, practicality, and safety grounds; at least that's what the wife thinks. Had it for about 1 yr now, been a great beast so far. Still waiting to get hit with a massive service bill for some gremlin.

Pic for when we bought it. Still stock standard.

Bit about me. Married with 3 young kids (oldest is 3), having a midlife crisis. I'm a car stereo nutter (quality not huge doof doof). yadda yadda, capricorn, long walks on the beach etc

BigPete

Welcome to the forum. Looks like a good steed. What sort of motor and transmission has it got?

CaM

welcome along. I'm beginning to like renaults more and more. for people movers the french, i reckon, seem to have it sorted.
Izzy on here has an early espace. it's awesome to sleep in.

1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

rogan

It's got the 3.5 v6 petrol with auto box (yep, that the Nissan 350z motor ;D). That's the only combo that is NZ new. There's diesels and 2L petrol turbo imports around. Only 15 were sold in NZ between 2006 and 2009 (according to LTSA) so pretty rare. Mine is a 2003, was shipped to Renault Aussie for assessment. Aussie decided not to take them so they sold it to Renault NZ, who then sold it as a demonstrator in 2006 with 57km on the clock. I bought it 1 owner full service history from a guy in Kaitaia.

rogan

Quote from: CaM on April 21, 2011, 09:17:49 PM
welcome along. I'm beginning to like renaults more and more. for people movers the french, i reckon, seem to have it sorted.
Izzy on here has an early espace. it's awesome to sleep in.

In the mid 80s I was living with a family in France who had one of the first model. Was an awesome car, always had a soft spot for them since then.

We looked at the Voyagers, Sharans, Enemas, and all the other common babybuses. For 3 kiddie seats, space for dog and pram and all the other stuff that you need to haul littlies there's nothing that compares to the Espace. Once we don't need the space for the big pram and all the other crap then some of the others begin to match it in practicality. If only parts were cheap it would be epic

Pee Dubbaya

Sweet whip, welcome along- in this place everyone is going through a mid-life crisis whether they're 18 or 80!  :D
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0

BigPete

That thing must have a bit of boogie with the 3.5! If only CaM could bear my children, then we'd be able to get a sweet Espace to trundle them around in.

CaM

we could adopt? I really don't like the thought of losing my figure!
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

rogan

try breastfeeding, helps cleavage and reduces waistline.

Bennny

Midlife crisis! I remember mine oh so well,
luckily it ended at 25 after my second son was born and
then it was 75-25% m/f ratio in my house and we established
that majority rules! All better now ;D

pugMi

welcome along. thats a good looking wag. must do mean skids.

is your last name josh? if not, make so please ;D

far4ngn

1986 Phase1 Renault 5 GTT Electric Blue CBW359
1990 UK Spec 205 GTI 1.9 Red GDQ361

rogan

Quote from: pugMi on April 22, 2011, 03:47:32 PM
thats a good looking wag.

Compared to what, a Multipla? It's a people mover, it's ugly and symbolises the demise of my life. It's got the 3.5 v6 so I can at least go down fighting !
The windscreen is so far forward it's like driving a goldfish bowl, but it's a true sleeper and it's quite amusing seeing the youngsters in their Hondas and Subbies getting owned by an MPV

pugMi

Quote from: rogan on April 23, 2011, 08:57:17 AM
Quote from: pugMi on April 22, 2011, 03:47:32 PM
thats a good looking wag.

Compared to what, a Multipla? It's a people mover

well, theres...

..and..

not to mention..

this blast from the past..

and the grand daddy of ugly...

rogan

Multipla or Stavic. Tough call.