• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Noob with 206 GTi

Started by hoser, April 28, 2011, 10:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoser

Greetings all,

Had a lovely long post for you but it timed out.
Probably best, really coz it was utter garbage.

Not new to Pugs but new here.

ps. I love Pugs.... Speshully Ari Vatanens 405 T16

Pee Dubbaya

Quote from: hoser on April 28, 2011, 10:17:22 PM
Hell yeah! But you drive a 206- what's going on there!?!
Welcome welcome, please wear your shoes inside.
Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0

Slifer

Welcome along to FF you will enjoy it here for sure.

Any pics of the 206 gti?
1997 106 GTi

cammmy

Quote from: hoser on April 28, 2011, 10:17:22 PM

You're alright by me son ;)
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

Lord Page

Derek's don't run.

Peugeot Ludix Blaster - Malossi 70cc
Peugeot 406 HDi SW
Peugeot 206 GTi SW

McSweatydoug01

awesome . welcome . now get the bonnet up its time to start tinkering !
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are merely games. - Ernest Hemingway"
Current cars
Phase 1 405 Mi16 converted to xu10j4rs and be3/6
Cars of old
205 GTi xu10j4rs
205 gti phase 2. cheap track spec/309 GRD old lady spec/406 2.1td/405sr/205gti

hoser

. now get the bonnet up its time to start tinkering

Thanks all for your welcome.
Yes the above is definitely true as the wife has not 5 minutes ago broken the dipstick off in the tube.
Add this to the blowing exhaust and the leaky sump and the loose panels, it looks like I've been and gone and got myself a hobby  ;D

Oh, did I mention that I love Pugs?

hoser

Seeing as I'm 'newborn' I'd best lay some background.

Born ages ago in 'Ecosse' and moved here 'bout 5 years ago (best thing I ever did)
Bought aforementioned piglet last year for the wife coz nothing Japanese was gonna do it (not without at least two turbo's, anyway)
and continued to enjoy this little nugget of european handling prowess ever since. Not that I drive it often.
SWMBO loves it to death.
Over the years have enjoyed many, many French motors and as it happens still own a few which are languishing in a highland field somewhere in Scotland.
In no particular order, 106XS, XSi, GTi, Rallye, actual Rally car ;), 205GT, GTi (both, and lots of rally cars) XS, Rolland Garros. 206GTi, 306 GTi-6, Rallye, XSi, 306 MAXI kit car (not ours but have encountered one in the flesh) 309GTi, 405GLD (First car) SRi, Mi-16, Mi-16x4, 406, 504 wagon and a few others. Renault 19 diesels, Citroen Saxo VTS, VTR, AXGT, AXGTi.
It's quite nice actually coz folks on here are likely to know what al these cars are and what they look like ;D
Most of the cars mentioned weren't mine but it's a list of all the cars 'we all owned' over the years. Lots of these cars were 'communal'.
Some still are I believe. The rest were either crashed to death, sold or dissolved slowly (or quickly) into the Scottish countryside. Shame, really.
Service crewed for a championship winning 106 Rally car for a few seasons which was awesome. got to see and work on heaps of different Rally cars.
See a Metro 6R4 running if you can. Awesomeness!!!
Having said all this I cheat coz i ride a motorcycle every day (BMW) Probably one of the few things to outhandle a 206GTi  ::)

Cheers, Gav

Bennny

McSweatydoug01

Quote from: hoser on April 30, 2011, 10:40:51 AM
Seeing as I'm 'newborn' I'd best lay some background.

Born ages ago in 'Ecosse' and moved here 'bout 5 years ago (best thing I ever did)
Bought aforementioned piglet last year for the wife coz nothing Japanese was gonna do it (not without at least two turbo's, anyway)
and continued to enjoy this little nugget of european handling prowess ever since. Not that I drive it often.
SWMBO loves it to death.
Over the years have enjoyed many, many French motors and as it happens still own a few which are languishing in a highland field somewhere in Scotland.
In no particular order, 106XS, XSi, GTi, Rallye, actual Rally car ;), 205GT, GTi (both, and lots of rally cars) XS, Rolland Garros. 206GTi, 306 GTi-6, Rallye, XSi, 306 MAXI kit car (not ours but have encountered one in the flesh) 309GTi, 405GLD (First car) SRi, Mi-16, Mi-16x4, 406, 504 wagon and a few others. Renault 19 diesels, Citroen Saxo VTS, VTR, AXGT, AXGTi.
It's quite nice actually coz folks on here are likely to know what al these cars are and what they look like ;D
Most of the cars mentioned weren't mine but it's a list of all the cars 'we all owned' over the years. Lots of these cars were 'communal'.
Some still are I believe. The rest were either crashed to death, sold or dissolved slowly (or quickly) into the Scottish countryside. Shame, really.
Service crewed for a championship winning 106 Rally car for a few seasons which was awesome. got to see and work on heaps of different Rally cars.
See a Metro 6R4 running if you can. Awesomeness!!!
Having said all this I cheat coz i ride a motorcycle every day (BMW) Probably one of the few things to outhandle a 206GTi  ::)

Cheers, Gav

a fellow pict nice .
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are merely games. - Ernest Hemingway"
Current cars
Cars of old
205 GTi xu10j4rs

hoser

Yup,

Wherever we go... There we are.

We are everywhere  ;D

Don Simon

91 Peugeot 205 GTI MI-16
11 Ds3 Dsport HDI (Becky's)
97 Peugeot 306 Dturbo
1995 Citroen AX GT

you wont get parts for it mate

McSweatydoug01

who did you service for in the rallying ?
Current cars
Cars of old
205 GTi xu10j4rs

hoser

Dude called Fergus Gray, ran out of Auchterarder.
We used to do a fair bit of work at the house and the rest we did at Strathearn Engineering (Land rover garage). got a bit of sponsorship through them coz the navigator ran it  ;D

http://www.ianhardy.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=2472

Hope that works. It was taken at the Pendragon in '05 and I think this was the impact that ended our event (broke a drive shaft) although I did get to see a road going Peugeot 205 T16 parked next to an RS200 8)

Had my name on the side of the car once for an event at Crail but I suck at reading pace notes.
Thankfully I was a better mechanic :D