• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Ahoy and such - future Pug owner?

Started by ninjakeeley, July 21, 2011, 08:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninjakeeley

Hello my name is Keeley and I'm from CHCH, and my very good friend Lavinia (now in the USA) told me to say hello to the fast frogs.

Ive been looking at getting a 2002 206 S16 SW. Its done around 60k on the clock. Im inspecting it today.

Anything I should look out for while inspecting the car?
Can anyone tell me easy mods? Is there any benefit apart from intake noise for a pod filter?

Thanks for your time

-Keeley

cammmy

Welcome along!

I can't say I have set one up but I believe that what you get out of a pod filter would depend on the quality of it and how it's setup. A low quality filter with no ducting will probably just see power and economy go backwards as the motor struggles to suck in hot air. A good quality unit that's as isolated as possible from engine heat and has a good cold air feed may make a difference. How noticable it would be I couldn't say.

The pugs are are well developed package so there's not always an easy way to get decent gains.

May be worth it just for the noise though as long as it's properly done :)
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

CaM

gidday! I've no idea on 206 wagons except that I know they are choice.
pics asap if you buy it!
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

ninjakeeley

I have / soon to be had a 97 BZT toyota carib with a HKS intake kit (not just a pod) and 4-1 extractors (this loved screaming at 8000rpm)

I'd look at a Simota Cold Air Intake System.

Have many of you fiddled with extractors ?? Or are the S16 exhaust systems  well designed and not worth the effort?

you wont get parts for it mate

Avoid automatics as per all French cars. Welcome!

ninjakeeley

Nah, always a manual car for me. The wagon is a 5spd

red16v

^i think you are looking at the same gti wagz as i am in CHCH! Keen for one of those for the missus....
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

Bennny

Howdy and welcome to FF.
As for extractors I've never seen 206 s16 ones but if they paid as much attention as they did when they did the GTi 6 ones then they are probly choice as.
That is something I generally look at but the 6 has a full stainless spaghetti
setup from factory. Personally I reckon they should have done the rest of the system stainless too but never mind I can sort that at a later date
when I get some nice ss tube and some spare time :)

Edit: Just googled it, if it is anything like the 206 GTi manifold then it is absolute rubbish and a set of extractors will help you out somewhat.

ninjakeeley

Well I took the 206 S16 SW for a burn over the hill today and I'm sold.

Im picking it up next week. Ive removed some of my old audio setup from my soon to be old car so Ive got

Focal 5K2 fronts (hand made French speakers)
MRV F345 amp with head unit controller
I spied a Alpine 9855 in a second hand shop which I should pick up (worth $1200 back in 2004) for very cheap.

Now I need to follow up and get some focal speakers for the rear set and I will be all froggy in no time

Bullitt

106 GTi

ninjakeeley

;D Still in Welly? I hope all is well with the man known as Paul  8)!

Bullitt

Yep, been here abit over 4 years now.

I was considering a 206 SW myself the other day, looking for something abit bigger to put dogs and bikes in the back of.  Appears 206 will be abit short for what I'm looking for though.

Hows things with you?
106 GTi

ninjakeeley

Good, I only have the one dog and I might get a tow bar for the bike so the 206 works well.

Im a quantity surveyor/cost manager for Davis Langdon here in CHCH which is a much better life than being a carpenter. Ive had 2 cage fights and won both in the first round (Im having another fight late this or early next year).

Thats pretty much what Ive been up to!

And I picked up that alpine 9855 for $180 today!!! ZING!

SaxoVTS

Hi,

I imported a Simota Cold Air Intake system for the Saxo.
It's been on for about 4 years with no issues.
When I got the kit, I took the car to a test day at the track at Pukekohe and did some before and after 80-120kph third gear tests, I can't remember the exact times, but with the Simota fitted it was well over a second faster than with the standard airbox.
The added intake noise is a nice bonus, it isn't too loud (and attention drawing) like a Honda, but subtle.

http://www.justroadster.com/products/simota/images/N-AI-PTS603.jpg

Cheers,
Matt

ninjakeeley

Not a future PUG owner..... now a current pug owner!

Soooo much fun to drive!!!