• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Newbie Adam. Peugeot 106 XSI 1994 (1600cc)....for sale :(!

Started by sllimmada, October 03, 2011, 10:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sllimmada

Howdoo.

My name is Adam, and I work at TCB Ski & Board in Ohakune. I bought a 1994 106 XSI in may, and I was hoping that it would be the start of a long and happy Peugeot ownership. However, it turns out the bearing in the gearbox has collapsed and is shot. It still drives, but now the oil is leaking all over the clutch and as a result it is slipping.

I have had quotes to get it fixed, and it isnt really viable for me to do it. However, someone with the knowhow and the time may want this as a project or for parts (which would break my heart).

So I am putting it up for sale. I'm not expecting huge amounts of cash for it. It is located in Oakune, it does drive, but it has just run out of WOF. I took it for a new one, but the exhaust has a hole in it that will need fixing to get it through. It is reg'd until november.

I leave the country in 6 weeks to go and work another ski season in France. So I need it gone.

Make me an offer. Someone is going to get a bargain.

I will post pics later today.

Cheers
Adam.

CaM

HI mate.
may very well be interested in this! my younger sister has a 1.6xsi 1.4litre that she's had for about 3 years. was a roughy to start with but now most of the paint has fallen off and she's starting to get smokey etc etc. Long story short: she's beginning to look for something to replace it but she's really unkeen to lose any of the awesomeness that makes a 106 such a sweet little car.
chuck some pics up and maybe message me with around what you're after for it. she's away in the UK for about 3 weeks but I should be able to flick her some pics and see if she's keen.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

CaM

1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Don Simon

I have seen this car a few times at the snow. Welcome aboard !!
91 Peugeot 205 GTI MI-16
11 Ds3 Dsport HDI (Becky's)
97 Peugeot 306 Dturbo
1995 Citroen AX GT

sllimmada

Heylo. I have just sold the car, it was on trademe for 5 hours and i had 4 offers! Good times.

That thing sure did love the mountain road, until the clutch started slipping anyway!

The guy who bought it off me is going to replace the gearbox and clutch himself (I guess hes a mechanic) and hes coming to pick it up tomorrow.
Its good that she will be back on the road, but terribly sad that I won't be driving it anymore. I'm heading to france until may next year when i come back to nz, Im hoping that it comes up for sale round about then :D

CaM

1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

cammmy

Would this take an MA gearbox? I still have that one in my shed. Could have been keen :-[
'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

CaM

yup.
me too. hah. woulda been a sweet replacement for sis' 106
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

cammmy

'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

Pee Dubbaya

Current: Peugeot 205 GTI 16v  +  504 (Project)

Previous: Peugeot 106 Rallye (S1), 205 GTI Mi16, 206 GTI 180, 306 S16 (Ph1) & GTI-6 (Ph2) & GTI (Ph3), 309 GTI 16v, 405 Mi16 & SRDT x2, 406 HDi, 504 GL & 504 Break                     Citroën ID19, BX TZD, Xantia 2.0

Thor

sllimmada

I'm pretty certain that was my car yes. Sneaky bugger!