• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

The Wife's CTI

Started by don, November 22, 2011, 08:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Gave my wife a 205 CTI for her 40th Birthday. Now heaven forbid it's almost time for the 50th. Offered her a new car for the 50th but she wants the 205! Going to spend some serious coin on it. Interested in people who have done the auto to manual conversion, also to purchase a suitable donor car. Also interested to know if the smaller engined gearboxes (1400  & 1600) are suitable to go into her 1990, 1.9 Jap import.

[attachment deleted by admin]

k-trips

Welcome Don..

Whereabouts are you? Someone on here will most likely have a gearbox and all the bits required for the conversion.
Are you going to DIY or pay someone to do it?
[]V[] []Ξ //-\\ []\[]
Quote from: CaMYou can't motorboat a surfboard

don

I'm in rural Marlborough but regualarly go to Nelson and Blenheim. I have located someone to do the work while I'm overseas next year.

CaM

gidday don, welcome along. you need at least a 1.6l donor car. if you find a tatty 1.9litre then it'll likely have larger diameter driveshafts and better front and/or rear brakes than your car has (i imagine you're currently on drum rear brakes)
from there it's just a mtter of swapping bits over.
1.4litre stuff will for the most part not fit your car. if you fin da good 1.4litre gearbox, though, and it's rather cheap, it might be worth grabbing as they're quite a weak gerbox and often fail (a chance to make some money, perhaps)
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

don

Thanks for your help. If anyone can point me towards a suitable"Tatty 1.9" or similar I'd appreciate it.

red16v

have a GTI citroen engine and 5 spd gearbox available. In masterton. Would need a new loom, but reckon the one in your existing car would work a treat.

Had the head skimmed, new cambelt, valve timing set perfik, just hasnt been in a car.

THe loom that was on it was fucked, and we couldnt get it started, so pulled the pin and stored it, binning the car it was in.

I threw away BRAND NEW injector plugs, what a dick.

PM me cuz
The only thing better than one 16v: TWO 16vs...and a V6

1991 Red/Black BX 16v Phase1 D6C-projected into house.bugger
1991 Red BX 16v Phase2 D6C- restored
1998 Silver Xantia V6-family rocket

Bennny

Welcome along.
Gud on her for turning down the new car, could be the best (or worst ;))
decision she has ever made.

awatt

A manual conversion is probably the best change you could make to the car imotbhfwiw.
Current steed: '07 Citroen C4 HDi