• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

XSI owner for 6 years

Started by Gold'n'Girl, November 27, 2011, 10:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold'n'Girl

Hi All, I've owned my '98 306 xsi for a long time. Recently been going through the thought process of whether to upgrade. Decided that although it's getting a little shabby, I couldn't get the same performance in a Euro car for the money I was prepared to spend. Now we're going to spend a little money improving the presentation and performance of the xsi. Looking forward to picking up maintenance and mods tips.

Cheers
Annalise
'99 306 GTi-6 & '94 306 cabri-OH-let

cammmy

'91 405 Mi16x4
'74 Triumph TC2500
'98 Lotus Esprit GT3
'02 Mini Cooper S
Quote from: CaMnever feel bad about doing anything on here. you're admin, there are no rules. just ban simon before you do it.

awatt

Gidday Annalise. If you're looking  to upgrade, don't forget to check out a GTI-6!
Current steed: '07 Citroen C4 HDi

Bennny

Gold'n'Girl

Quote from: awatt on December 01, 2011, 07:36:38 PM
Gidday Annalise. If you're looking  to upgrade, don't forget to check out a GTI-6!

Thanks, seriously considering a GTI-6. I'll keep my eyes open!

you wont get parts for it mate

just get a 205 or ax. heaps more fun than hair dresser cars................... ::) lol.

Bennny

Quote from: you wont get parts for it mate on December 02, 2011, 08:51:53 AM
just don't get a 205 or ax. they are totally hair dresser cars................... ::) lol.

awatt

Quote from: Bennny on December 02, 2011, 04:38:11 PM
just don't get a 205 or ax. they are totally hair dresser cars................... ::) lol.

I dub thee, Bennnnnnny of fluorescent orange GTI-6 phase 3 rear spoiler, to now be formally known from this point onward as "Official Fast Frogs Hairdresser"  ;D
Current steed: '07 Citroen C4 HDi

Bennny

Quote from: awatt on December 02, 2011, 06:18:24 PM

I dub thee, Bennnnnnny of fluorescent orange GTI-6 phase 3 rear spoiler, to now be formally known from this point onward as "Official Fast Frogs Hairdresser"  ;D

I'd like to say a few words if that's ok.

This is a monumental moment in my life, I'd like to thank everyone involved in FF for doing me
the honour of naming me offh and I look forward to future hairdressing!  :'( I'm just so  :'( over :'( whelmed
that of the hundreds of entries I would emerge :'( with the title of offh!
Again I'd like to thank you all You have NO IDEA how much this means to me!

Gold'n'Girl

Quote from: Bennny on December 02, 2011, 06:39:09 PM
Quote from: awatt on December 02, 2011, 06:18:24 PM

I'd like to say a few words if that's ok.

This is a monumental moment in my life, I'd like to thank everyone involved in FF for doing me
the honour of naming me offh and I look forward to future hairdressing!  :'( I'm just so  :'( over :'( whelmed
that of the hundreds of entries I would emerge :'( with the title of offh!
Again I'd like to thank you all You have NO IDEA how much this means to me!

You buggers stop threadjacking, bloody exhibitionists!

Chuckle.

I see there is friendly rivalry amongst different Pug model owners. Hard case.

Bennny

Na,
We GTI-6 owners rule hands down (we just humour the rest of em out of the kindness of our hearts).
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  ;)

CaM

bloody hell.

also, buy a citroen if you're going to buy anything. I saw a 2cv on a car transporter today. thought of this thread.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Gold'n'Girl

Quote from: CaM on December 02, 2011, 07:57:16 PM
bloody hell.

also, buy a citroen if you're going to buy anything. I saw a 2cv on a car transporter today. thought of this thread.

So it wasn't going then....?   ;)

CaM

was a big transporter. I imgaine it was on it's way (along with many other cars) to a new home :P
2cvs never die. there's nothign to go wrong with them.

on that topic: needed to move my citroen just before to put an engine in my shed. battery is in my 205, though. so hooked battery charger to leads, turned on key, and it started with half a revolution on the crank handle.
that's citroen life :D
in less related, more spam induced news, though, I can lift a toyota out of my pajero on my own. back pain all weekend will be inevitable.
1959 Citroën ID19 Slough
1990 Peugeot 205Mi16

Gold'n'Girl

Quote from: CaM on December 02, 2011, 08:48:32 PM
was a big transporter. I imgaine it was on it's way (along with many other cars) to a new home :P
2cvs never die. there's nothign to go wrong with them.

on that topic: needed to move my citroen just before to put an engine in my shed. battery is in my 205, though. so hooked battery charger to leads, turned on key, and it started with half a revolution on the crank handle.
that's citroen life :D
in less related, more spam induced news, though, I can lift a toyota out of my pajero on my own. back pain all weekend will be inevitable.

I used to work with a Pommy bloke who drove an old Citroen DS. He used to have a job test-driving for Ferrari. What a sucky job THAT would be...