• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hi

Started by targa180, February 12, 2008, 05:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

targa180

Hi all, Greg Kent mentioned this site to me the other day, didn't know it existed.
I've got a 206 GTI 180 at the moment, had a 106 Clubsport for a couple of years before that, both used for Targa and a couple of tarmac rallies. About 15 years ago had a Renault Fuego, and about 20 years ago had a 504TI. Also have a couple of WRX tractors for transporting kids and towing the boat...

Cheers Alex

Carpentry

Welcome aboard the good ship Fast ;D

We have beers on Thursdays and talk rubbish every other day
Take it to Bishops

peugeot

Hey Alex,

How goes the targa machine?

Cheers Nick
Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italians, the mechanics German, the lovers French and its all organised by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and its all organised by the Italians.

Griffe

And finally the Peugeot Car Club converges on Fast Frogs!

I've read some great stories about your fast, welcome aboard!

Pics........?
It's a workup

targa180

So this is where you guys hang out now... where do the beers happen???

The car is sitting around waiting for some money to magically appear so I can enter some events this year... missed Targa for the first time in 4 years although did Rotorua, Waitomo & Taranaki rallies.

Hopefully will have a sponsorship deal in the next few weeks for Targa otherwise I may change the setup for track and do the endurance series. Car will be going in for a full respray soon, I'm thinking of changing from black but haven't decided the colour scheme yet.

In the meantime I built a megasquirt (MS2 Extra) a couple of months ago and have got it installed in parallel with the factory ECU, sharing water, air and crankshaft sensors along with a wideband O2 sensor. Have just been playing around with some data logging at the moment but will be using it to control fuel and spark (individual coil) leaving the factory ECU in place to keep the BSI happy and run the electronic throttle and variable cam timing.
Also have picked up a lysholm type supercharger which fits nicely where the aircon compressor came off but that's another story...
I figure if they keep putting me in a class with GT3's and other exotic machinery then I need to improve the acceleration a bit.

There's lots of photos on groundsky.co.nz (car 828) and some in car on youtube.com/targa2006