• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Thinking of getting a 205 GTI..

Started by streamz, July 16, 2012, 11:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

streamz

I have a Lancia delta and an Alfasud but im thinking of getting a 205 gti. Any tips on what to look out for?

Bennny

Welcome.

Im on my second sud, and massively want
An integrale 16v! Would love a stratos too but probly
Wont accomplish that dream in this life time  ;)

peterallison86

QuoteAny tips on what to look out for?

Something white, something that's had a lot of the work already done to it and just requiring some personal finishing touches, something like this one!
http://www.fastfrogs.co.nz/index.php/topic,7929.0.html
;D

EDIT: Oops only just saw you are new here, so you won't be able to see the for sale section. So, firstly welcome! Secondly you can see my project thread here: http://www.fastfrogs.co.nz/index.php/topic,5879.120.html
As for what to look out for, I'm sure there are plenty of common items with a car of this age (which you'll no doubt know of with that line up!) but specifically head gaskets seem to go on these fairly early on (in the 120-180km bracket in my fairly limited experience), interiors/exteriors disintegrate, leaky sunroofs common, exhaust manifolds crack... haha this makes them sound awful! They're not!!!
Come in 3 different (standard) engine spec (the 1.9's anyway) DFZ 105hp, DKZ 122hp and D6B 130hp. Jap imports are basically UK 1.6 spec with smaller ARB's, different front hubs/driveshafts, drum brakes at the back and 14" "pepperpot" alloys. Common for people to switch suspension components with 309GTi stuff to give wider track and stiffness. I'm sure others will fill in what I've missed and but in with their own opinions of the above!
Past: '89 205 Gti, '98 306 Gti-6, '90 205 Gti      Present: '01 Clio Sport RS 172      Future: ???

streamz

Nice car!. Yes I cant see the trading post yet :(

peterallison86

Cheers. Let me know if you want more information and provide an email address and I can send them to you that way.
Past: '89 205 Gti, '98 306 Gti-6, '90 205 Gti      Present: '01 Clio Sport RS 172      Future: ???